The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 20

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter twenty

Bad-Luck Florence

______________________________

Screams rang out as soon as Steven dropped to the ground. He was clutching his face and swearing heavily. He stuttered on the ground, and looked from Chance, to Ryan, to Erin, then to me. His eyes lingered on me for a second, and burned with pure hatred. I held my breath when Steven rose and launched himself at Chance. He pushed Chance into the bar, and shoved him hard against the side. The bartender was panicking, and started shouting at the two to stop. They didn't listen.

Chance landed a blow to Steven's ribs, and he took Chance off guard and nailed him right in the eye. I let out a small whimper, and Erin held on to my arm.

"It's okay.." She whispered, hardly convincing herself. Ryan took the moment to grab Steven around the waist and throw him on the ground. I winced as I heard a crack. Ryan jumped on top of him and started punching his face left and right, and socking him in the mouth. Steven's lip split open and blood flooded out, covering his jaw and dripping down to his shirt. I heard Erin trying to control her sobs from beside me.

A loud shout filled the room; it was a security guard. Everyone stopped moving and watched the security guards picked the boys up off the ground. Erin and I hopped off of our chairs and chased after them. We just reached the exit as they were being thrown out, and shouted at to not return. I ran up to Chance immediately and started inspecting his face.

"I'm fine." He started to protest, but then I made him stand still. The surrounding areas of his eye were already beginning to form a bruise. Near us, Steven was practically running away. He made a dash for his car, and quickly drove away. Ryan seemed pretty much untouched beside me, except for the rage across his face. Erin was still sobbing hysterically.

"This was all my fault." She cried, until Ryan pulled her into a hug.

"No, you didn't do anything to that jerk. He didn't deserve you, Erin." He told her, and she gave a weak smile. Chance's eyes were locked on me. His face looked hard, and I was momentarily scared by him. He had nearly beaten the crap out of someone only minutes ago, and was now studying me like he was deciding what to do. Anger was still flashing through his eyes. Did he think that I cheated on him or something? He couldn't possibly think that.

"Can we just go now?" I asked in a shaky voice, and swallowed the lump I my throat. His expression softened, and he touched my cheek.

"Are you okay?" He wondered, and I stiffened under his touch.

"I- I wanna go." I told him, and looked him straight in the eye.

"Okay. We'll meet up with you guys later or something." He said to Erin and Ryan, then turned to grab my hand. I stood there for a second, and quickly crossed my arms. The night air and wind was starting to nip at my skin, but I was too scared by him to want to hold his hand. I then went to the direction of the car, with him at my heels.

"Are you okay?" He asked again. I bit my lip, but I knew I couldn't avoid his question. It wasn't until we were almost to the car that I opened my mouth to speak.

"I'm just.. Cold." I answered, and I heard him stop behind me. I didn't want to, but I turned around.

"Is it because of what happened in there? Is that why you're mad at me?" He started to ask, slightly raising his voice. He was trying to not yell at me, but I knew it was impossible.

"No. I just want to leave, and sleep." I lied again. He opened his mouth to speak again, but then realized it would be useless. Instead, he rolled his eyes at me like a child. "I'm not having this conversation here, okay?"