The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 3

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter 3

Can I assist you, Mr. Hottie?

______________________________

Aside from people yelling at me for being a loser, and throwing random objects at me, today hadn't been actually that bad. Cara hadn't really talk to me, and whenever she did I spazzed at her. All day was just the same, except for more people pestering me. Nobody pranked me, thank the Lord. It was the end of the day, and I closed my locker. I walked down the hallways to the parking lot.

"Hey, Flo Flo!" I heard a laughing deep voice shout. Damnit. I turned around, and saw the 11th grade's most popular person standing in front of me. Luca Davis' blond Justin Bieber hair shone in the light. He batted his dark brown eyes at me, and a smirk played on his lips. Okay, He was extremely hot, but I hated him.

"I saw what happened with Cara, but don't worry, I'll be your friend!" He joked. He reached out to grab my arm, but I knew he was toying with me. I pulled my arm away.

"All men are equal before fish," I said, trying to be witty but sounding like an idiot, "now get away from me."

"Aww, c'mon Flo." He flashed his sparkling white teeth at me, and I walked out of the school. I growled some really, really bad things about boys as I walked to my car. Parked next to my car was a spray-painted yellow motorcycle, and shocked boy next to it. There were people laughing, and pointing at it, and some taking pictures. My car - thankfully - was untouched. The guy next to his motorcycle was inspecting it, and he looked like he was about to throw up. He had dark brown hair, and tan-ish skin. His back was to me, but I could tell he was slightly muscular. I had never noticed a motorcycle parked in our lot before, and I had never seen the guy.

"Hey," I said to him. He turned around. "Need a ride?"

His eyes were bright blue, and he had a hopeful look on his face. He was the new kid. I saw him in my third period class, when Luca and his crew were picking on him.

"Really?" He said, with his eyes wide. I walked more towards him.

"Yeah, I can bring you home." I told him. I had no idea who he was, but I could tell he was an underdog, like me. I was trying to be nice, you know?

"Oh-Okay." He stuttered. "Hold on." He took his phone out of his pocket, and dialed a few numbers. He talked on the phone for about a minute, then hung up. He looked slightly stressed after the phonecall, but then slightly relieved.

"My car's this one." I said, and pointed to my McLaren. His chin dropped, and his eyes went wide once again.

"Seriously?!" I saw people staring as I unlocked and opened the doors.

"Yeah." I got in, and then waited for him. "Are you going to get in, or what?" I asked as he stared at the car.

"Uh-umm.." He grabbed his backpack off the ground and walked to the other side. He stared at the door before he got in. He watched as I closed my door, and then followed. "You're really nice." He told me, as I pulled out of the parking space.

"Am I?" I checked my mirrors, and started driving slowly out of the parking lot. "So who are you, exactly?"

"My name's Chance.. My family moved in town yesterday. We never really knew anyone, and its kinda been weird being here." He turned to me. "And who might you be?" I could tell this guy was smart, with a sense of humor and sarcasm.

"Florence.." I mumbled.

"That's a pretty name." He said.

Great, a real charmer.

"Not really." I said. The parking lots were all backed up. Damnit. "So where do I go?"

"What?" He asked.

"To get to your house..?"

"Oh.. Um, take a left.. I think.." He answered, unsure. Millions of thoughts were running through my head. If that boy gets us lost, I swear to God i'll- "So what's your story? I can only guess that your parents are pretty rich, seeing you have a McLaren. By the way, if your car was black, it would look like the bat mobile." I smiled, and turned the car left. Did he say his name was Chance?

"I know, that's why I got orange. And yes, my parents are pretty rich. But my life is a box of chocolates, full of freaking nuts." I told him.

"How so?" Keeping my eyes on the road, I pulled out my phone and opened the text I recieved earlier in the morning. I gave it to Chase - no, Chaz? Chad? What was it?! Oh, yeah. I gave my phone to Chance.

"Open up the link. The little girl is - was - my best friend, Cara, and the guy is my dad.." I had no idea why I was showing the video to him, but I had to get it out. Around fifteen seconds later, he handed me my phone back.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's okay. I don't need your sympathy."

"You know, you're really different from other girls. Turn right." I slowly pressed down on the brake pedal and turned the blinker on.

"How? Ugly with no friends? Socially deprived?" I guessed, and turned right. "Not a pretty, popular girl?"

"Any girl can be pretty. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid. Left, wait.. No." I looked over at him. Oh no.

"What?" I said. I pulled over to the side of the road.

"Umm.." His face look puzzled. "I don't really remember which way..."

"What do you mean, you don't remember which way!?" I half shrieked.

"Y'know.. I don't remember which way.." He bit his lip, and looked at me. "Do you know where we are?"

"Yes, I do know where we are. Do you?" I said. He looked hurt. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. But seriously, I don't know where you live, and you don't either."

"Well, I way just going to say that maybe I could stay at your house for a little while..?" He said nervously. I could tell this kid wasn't in the crowd either.

"Yeah, sure I guess." I turned the car around, and we drove in silence for the next ten minutes.

I slowed the car down at our blind driveway. The driveway was nearly covered by the thick trees. Seconds later, the trees disappeared. My family's estate was about fifty acres, and consisted of few trees and forests, some water, but mostly flat grassland. We had a horse stable behind our house, and a small golf course. There was a lake, about an acre away from the house that we sometimes used for swimming - though we'd usually use the pool. My house was brick, but looked very new.

"Woah." Chance said, as I parked the car outside on the driveway.

"Welcome to la maison de la Cades."

=============

ooh, who's chance?

what do you guys think of the new guy?(;

p.s., chance is on the right >>

and yes, it is logan lerman(;

becca ♥