The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 21

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter twenty-one

Life's a sing-along

______________________________

I was disturbed in my sleep by the lack of brightness. My eyes were filled with light as I took in the surrounding. The white walls, white objects, and Chance's mom towering over the both of us. I nudged him awake, and he got a look of fear as he saw his mother. Her face held a mixture of anger, disappointment, rage, and she gave us a look like, 'oh, so this is where you two have been for the past six hours'. And as quickly as I saw it, her expression faded to a look of cheer.

"Well, I was just at home, about to make breakfast and Alyssa had told me that you two hadn't came home for the night." Her cheerful expression could not stay, and her rage was poking through. "So I decided to come to work, check on Chlo, when one of my coworkers asks how you're both doing." Her eyes turn to daggers. "Do you have any idea how worried sick I was?" Chance let out a chuckle, and she glared at him with every ounce of hate in her body.

"You may think this is funny, but it-" she stopped talking and frowned. "What happened to your eye?" She got the mama-bear face on, and started prodding his eye with her thumb. Chance grumbled and tried to resist her, and she angrily held his arms down and inspected his eye.

"Mom, stop. It's nothing." He ordered, and she backed away. Then to my surprise, she turned to me.

"What happened?" She demanded from me. I stuttered for a moment, then looked at Chance. He shrugged, which earned him an eye roll.

"Well, we went to this party, and Erin's boyfriend wasn't being the most faithful guy, so Chance kinda.." I paused, trying to think of the right word. "You didn't attack him." I confirmed.

"No, I didn't attack him. More like jumped him.." He agreed, and I turned back to Jess.

"Yeah well Chance kinda jumped him and he punched him and yeah.." Her expression still carried confusion.

"Then why would you need to come to the hospital? For a black eye?" I laughed.

"We were in the car going home and the car in front of us swerved around because the driver was out at the wheel. Chance couldn't stop it time and the cars kinda crashed." I explained. The hateful looks she gave towards Chance started to give me the chills.

"How do you expect me to pay for the repairs to my car? What about insurance?" She fumed, and began another round of the killer looks.

"Um-"

"I can pay for the damages." I said. She started to refuse, and I cut her off again. "It's not a problem at all. I'm sure it won't cost a lot. Not as much as the plane tickets and the cost it's been for you to host me at your house. Really, it's not a problem." I insisted, and she didn't make any more attempts to say no. I smiled to assure her that I knew what I was doing.

"So why are you both still in the hospital?" She questions, and Chance sits up.

"We wanted to make sure that the family in the accident was okay.." Jess nodded. "And walking in the doors at two in the morning with a jacked up car wasn't really an option, so.." He trailed off. She rolled her eyes at him, then hurried off in another direction.

"Where did she go?" I asked him, and he shrugged again. I playfully whacked him on the shoulder.

"Ouch, bad shoulder." He whined. I frowned.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Joking, my shoulder doesn't hurt for crap." That earned him a smack on his arm. "Oww. You hit hard. And she's probably going to talk to one of her coworkers to check the status of the couple."