The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 8

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter 8

Money Isn't Everything

______________________________

I threw the container of powder on the bathroom floor. Nothing could hide my pale-ness. I took the mascara wand again and looked at my un-even eyelashes. Whatever. I pulled my robe off and looked at my flowy lavender top. My tight jeans framed my butt a bit too much, but who would be staring at my butt while I sat down?

There was a knock on the door and I tied my robe back together.

"Come in." Chance walked in and I studied his outfit. He was wearing a black dress shirt and a black tie. He was wearing black pants with converse.

"Converse?" I pointed and laughed.

"Well look at you, Miss Normal Lashes." I groaned and rolled my eyes. He took my mascara wand and tipped my head back. I looked at the wand as it came toward my eye. Just as it came near my face, I pulled back.

"Don't stab me!" I warned. He started laughing.

"I wasn't even close to you." I shot him a dirty look, and walked back over to him. He brought the wand to my eye, and I started fidgeting. After couple seconds I stepped back again.

"Are you done?" He nodded and set the wand down. "How did you learn how to do makeup anyway?" I wondered. He didn't answer my question.

"What happened to your hair?" He asked and laughed.

"I tried curling it but its falling out." I looked at the curling iron that was still burning hot. I grabbed it and re-curled a piece, but it failed to hold. "Exactly.."

"You need some hairspray." He said.

"Since when do you know more about hair and makeup than I do?" I was laughing. I opened one of the drawers and pulled out a can of hairspray. He reached for it, and I held it close to my stomach. "My hair. I'm spraying." He barked out a laugh, and wrapped his arms around my stomach as he wrestled the hairspray from me. I kept laughing as he tried to tickle me and take it. I stumbled and fell to the ground with Chance hovering over me, victorious holding the hairspray.

"Got it." He smirked. I was to busy pouting to realise what was happening. He quickly bent down and pecked my cheek, right at the corner of my lips.

Lightening bolts zapped through my body and goosebumps spread from my head down to my toes. I was dazed and my whole head was spinning. I propped my arms up, and blinked. Chance smiled at me, and leaned in again.

This time he kissed me on the lips. And you know what? I kissed him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I poked at the peas with my fork. Their poopy green color made them look un-appatizing.

"So, Chance. Do you do any extracurricular activities for school?" My father asked. I started poking at my crab legs.

"Um, no. I've only been here for two months. I'll probably look at some for the beginning of next year.." Chance said.

"Florence, eat your food." My mother scolded. I sighed and grabbed the cracker on the table. I cracked a crab leg and dipped it in my bowl of butter. Mmmm. Chance nudged my leg with his hand and I took his hand in mine. I took a sip of water and set my glass down.

I had been sitting at this table for over a half of an hour. A half an hour too much. The only thing left on my plate was the peas, and everybody else had finished everything. I knew almost everything about Chance. His mother was a nurse for children cancer patients and his father owned a hardware store. He had an older and younger sister, and a younger brother, but didn't seem to talk about them a lot. He seemed to bring the subject back to school, even though I knew for a fact that he was failing Algebra 2.

"Can we be excused?" I asked my mother. She nodded, but then my father stopped her.

"I would like to speak with Chance. Alone." He said. He was probably going to tell Chance that if he laid a finger on me.. whatever. Fatherly protection. Hmphh. My mother and I both exited the room, but I lingered in the hallway. I closed the door so it was opened just by a crack, and pretended to leave to my room. My mother left through another door, and I walked back to the dining room door.

"If you continue with this friendship, I could make you rich. A thousand a week from now on." My father said, holding a breifcase. He opened it, and there were stacks of bills.

I fell to the ground. My vision went black. I couldn't believe it. Chance didn't like me. It was all fake. He was a lieing and backstabbing person. Just like Cara.

Tears came to my eyes. This was impossible.. I shared my first kiss with him!

I opened my eyes and stood up. I bursted through the dining room. Hate burned in me.

"I trusted you!" I screamed at my father. He put the briefcase on the table and started walking toward me. "Get away from me!" I backed up. "You're no father of mine! I can make my own friends so stay out of my life!" I turned to Chance, and tears were filling in my eyes. "I thought you were my friend and you just go behind my back like that little bitch! Go and kiss her!" I screamed, and ran out of the dining room. I sprinted to my room and locked the door.

I slid down the door and burst into tears.

______________________________

Chances P.O.V.

"No, sir. I'm not taking your money." I looked down at the plate as he pulled out the briefcase.

"If you continue with this friendship, I could make you rich. A thousand a week from now on." Mr. Cade said. I shook my head again.

"I don't want your m-" the door burst open and Flo was standing there with tears streaking her face. What happened?

"I trusted you!" She screamed at Mr. Cade. He put the briefcase on the table and started walking toward her. "Get away from me!" She backed up. "You're no father of mine! I can make my own friends so stay out of my life!" She turned to me and my heart stopped. "I thought you were my friend and you just go behind my back like that little bitch! Go and kiss her!" I froze as she ran out of the room. What was going on? Did she think her dad was paying me. I turned to Mr. Cade.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled. "Leave Flo alone, leave her friends alone!" I ran out of the room and started pounding on Flo's door.

"Open the door!" I demanded. "No!" Shrieked a voice from inside. "I'll break the door!" The door swung open.

"Look I didnt-"

"Want me to find out about your little plan?! I know, your an asshole!" She yelled. "Get out now! I never want to see your face again!" She slammed the door on me and I felt like someone was stabbing me. Tears filled my eyes and I left her house.

_____________________________

aww :( that was a cute chapter but a sad ending.
*sniffle*
don't hate me.
yofavsmarticalhommie
beccaa<3