The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 12

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter twelve

Always His Girl

______________________________

My arms started to ache as I paddled back to shore. It was now mid-afternoon, and I had been surfing for at least a half an hour. I threw my board on the beach and layed down on my stomach next to Chance on the blanket.

"How did I do?" I asked him. I turned to look at him and he grinned at me.

"I wish I could surf like you." I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Nah, I'm kidding. Once I'm out of the cast we'll go surfing together." I looked down at the white cast that had my name written all over it in different colored charpie pens. I smiled, remembering how it took me about an hour to write everything the other day. He leaned over and kissed me on my cheek, and my face started getting red.

"Aww, you look so cute when your cheeks turn red." He chuckled, and I sat up. I jokingly turned away from him, and pouted. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him sit up. He reached at my waist and pulled me in, and placed me on his lap. We both leaned in and our eyes met as our faces were millimeters away.

"You're so beautiful when your hair is wet and your not wearing any makeup." Chance whispered, his voice sounding gentle and deep. My cheeks burned red again.

"Stop it." I whispered, flattered by him. I pecked him on the lips, and scooted off his lap. I rested my head on his bare chest and he wrapped his arms around my body. I laced his hands with mine as they laid on my stomach.

I didn't want to leave South Carolina. I didn't want Chance to take his hands off me. I wanted everything to be the way it was, right here, right now. I had only known Chance for about two and a half months, and I was already in love with him. He had known everything that troubled me, everything I had been through. Then, a startling fact came to me.

"Why haven't I met your family before?" I looked up at Chance, and he looked out into the water.

"My family's complicated."

"Tell me about everyone in your family." He sighed, and met my eyes.

"I have an older sister named Alyssa. She graduated this year. My younger brothers name is Marcus, or Mark. He's eleven. If he really likes you, he might even let you call him Marky." I laughed, and he continued. "My mom lives in California, and I live with my dad back in Virginia."

"What happened?"

"It was about ten years ago, and my dad was drunk. I hardly remembered it, but my dad never drinks." His voice got hard. "He hit my mother across her face." He looked down at me. "She didn't want to even see him, so she packed our bags minutes later and dragged us out the door. Flo, his face was speechless. It was like he was a whole different person when he hit her. He had never done anything to hurt any of us. We moved, and we had practically no contact at all with him. There was.. complications.." he practically spat the word out "and my dad said that he was sorry. So, my mom sent us back here."

"Where did you live before all of this happened?" I asked him.

"Same house I live in now."

"Wait!" I shouted. "You mean we went to school together and I didn't even know it!?"

"Shh, shh. Yeah. I remember you. Always wearing dresses." He chuckled, and started tracing circles around.my stomach with his finger.

"Aww, you guys are so cute." A voice interrupted from behind us. I sat up a turn around, and Auntie Mac was standing there holding her cellphone. "Its your mom." She handed the phone to me, and walked away.

"Hello?" I put the phone up to my ear, and Chance pressed his ear to the outside of the phone and listened in.

"Florence, you and Chance will need to come back up. You both have final exams in all of your classes." I groaned, remembering that we didn't finish the whole last week of school.. The week of exams..

"Alright. Can we take a plane? I don't have any patience for driving eight hours." I said.

"Of course. I'll send one to pick you two up in three hours. Start packing!" She hung up, and I tossed the phone on the blanket.

"Ughh, I don't want to leave here." I told Chance, and our eyes met. I layed back down on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"You'll be my girlfriend when we get home, right?"

"I've always been your girlfriend." I laced my fingers back around his.

______________________________

Aww, isn't that cute???!!!

I'm tired as fudge.

Highschool sucks.

Performing at the pep rally and homecoming made my left leg dead.

Oh lordy, I wish I had crutches...

Yoursoresmartaleck,

Beccaaa<33