The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 10

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter 10

Sharks & Dolphins.

______________________________

She started walking down the beach, and I followed her. The sea shells crunched around our feet and the air smelled like salt. This was what home felt like. The waves crashed against the sand and rocks. I saw the lighthouse in the distance that was easily swimable. I sunk my feet into the warm sand, and looked at sky as it turned a deep orange. Sunrises were always prettiest by the ocean, but the sunsets had the most amazing colors.

I remembered when I was a girl and came to Mac's house. I swam on the beach for hours and stayed outside until it was dark. My skin was so dark then, fading by the years. I hadn't had a good reason to go to the beach or even a tanning bed - I would have just went alone anyway. Auntie Mac would take me shopping down the rows of small shops and we would have our hands filled with bags and our wallets empty. She would care for me like a mother, or a big sister.

Sadly, I didn't really have either.

Auntie Mac cleared her throat, and broke the silence along with my train of thought. "I know what you've been through, Flo. Your eyes can't hide it. We've both been through a lot.." She gave me a sad look, and a weak smile. "But you need to forget about the people that have hurt you. You don't need to forgive them if they don't deserve it.

"Chance is a good guy, Flo. He won't hurt you." Her eyes glowed amber in the sunset, and her beachy waves fell over her shoulder naturally. She was perfect; everything I wish I was. I stared back out into the ocean.

"You're going to meet some people who will hurt you for life. And you'll meet some who will change it, in a good way. And you have to learn to love them, and not remember the ones who hurt you. You have to move on, just like I did." I stopped with my feet buried in the sand and looked at her, realizing what she was saying. she stopped at sat down on the sand, and I sat across from her.

"I met a really awesome guy, Flo. I wish I could have told you earlier, but I didn't want to do it over the phone. I haven't seen you in so long too." She smiled. "He's amazing, and a gentleman."

"Since when did I allow you to talk to boys young lady?!" I joked, and we both laughed. Mac wrapped her arms around me in a bear hug.

"It's really nice to hear you again." She smiled again.

"So do I get to meet your very special friend?" I asked.

"I invited him over to dinner tomorrow night. His name is Josh." She added. "And technically were not just friends, its already a boyfriend/girlfriend thing."

"How long have you known him?" She laughed again and rolled her eyes.

"You're funny, Flo." She stared out into the ocean. "Maybe we'll go swimming tomorrow. Did you bring a swimsuit with you?" I shook my head.

"Didn't think I would need one."

"Oh. Shopping in the morning then." She winked and smiled. Just then, her phone vibrated. She pulled it out, and with a puzzled look pressed talk.

"Hello?.. Oh hi, what's up?" I looked back into the sky and the orange with red. The hazy red was hundreds of shades, pinky, blood red. "What?!" Mac shrieked into the phone. I jumped and looked at her. The mumbling over the phone was impossible for me to hear. "Oh my god. What did the doctors say? Is he ok?! Oh god.." She whispered. I gave her a puzzled look. "Who hit him, a drunk?" I mouthed 'who', slightly confused about the conversation. "Is there any broken bones?" Her eyes went wide as the person answered. "The hospital's in Charleston, right? I'll bring her there now. Bye." She hung the phone up, and turned back to me.

"Was it a car accident? One of your friends?" I asked her. "Is the person okay?"

"Flo." She looked at me, using all of her strength to stay calm. I could tell she was worried.

"Was it my mom? Was it dad?" I questioned. Why wasn't she answering? She shook her head, and closed her eyes.

"After your parents called me to pick you up, they explained the problem. I called Chance, and he said he would come down here. Chance got hit on his motorcycle in Charleston." I froze in my spot, my heart racing and my head pounding. My skin started to boil, and I wanted to rip my head off. I started crying, and that went into hysterics.

Mac was holding me up, and keeping me from skinning myself. She lifted me off the ground.

"Come on, I'm driving you to the hospital." She declared. My head was spinning as she led me back to her house, and the walk felt like seconds. The next second, I was in the car. I never stopped crying. Once we pulled into a parking spot, Auntie Mac wiped my eyes and face with her sleeve and guided me to the hospital doors.

"Chance Russell." She said at the front desk. My head turned from pounding into numb as she got the room number.

"Is he ok?" I croaked to the lady at the front desk.

"I'm sure he's doing fine, hun." She answered, and gave me a warm smile. Mac brought me to the elevator, and pressed the fourth floor. We went up, and came to a hallway. It was mostly empty, except for a few nurses running around. We came to room fifty one, and a nurse opened the door to exit.

"I'm sorry, Chance can't have visitors yet. He's sleeping and should be asleep for a few hours. Come back in the morning and he'll be awake." The nurse said.

"Is there anywhere we can wait?" Mac asked.

The nurse pointed to a cluster of chairs farther down the hallway.

"Thank you. And would it be a problem for someone to notify us if anything happens with Chance?" Mac asked.

"It shouldn't be a problem at all." She smiled, and we walked over to the waiting area. My head was now throbbing. I couldn't stand it.

I looked at the clock, it read 10:42.

I rested my head on Mac's shoulder.

I opened my eyes, 12:31. 12:58. 1:12

1:47. 2:23. 2:52. 3:17. 3:54. 4:25

My stomach started to growl, and Mac rose.

"I'm going to find a cafeteria, or vending machines or something." She told me, scratching her stomach. Just as she disappeared from the hallway, a doctor approached me.

"Are you here for Chance?" I nodded, and he continued. "He's doing much better than before. His leg is broken, and also two of his ribs. His hand is fractured, and a lot of his body is covered in arising bruises and some large cuts and scrapes. He'll be awake in a few minutes or so. Would you like to see him?"

"Yes, please." I answered. My heart started racing as I followed him down the hallway. He opened the door, and I stepped inside.

______________________________

oh my god.
please don't hate me now..

yournotsofavoritesmartaleckwhosfinally14,
<3beccaa