The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 23

============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter twenty-three

Like the Movies

____________________________

I stared at the sleeping figure on the bed for a few minutes, surprised because it had been over three hours since I had woken up, and sleeping beauty hadn't. Chance was turned on his side, mouth wide open and drooling a bit, and his hair was sticking out in random places. I smirked at the though that he was still sleeping at noon, and didn't seem conscious to the loudest of sounds. I had thrown a pillow at his head, blasted music from my phone in his ear, and produced the most annoying beeping noise from my throat ever heard. He was dead asleep, and didn't seem content with waking up.

Might as well try again.

I made my way over to the bed and sat down on it. I ripped the blankets off his body, and he slept soundlessly. Plan B. I started tickling his sides and underarms, but he did not move. Plan C. I put my head down next to his, and my mouth up to his ear.

"Your girlfriends naked!" I said. He immediately jolted up and almost smacked my head in the process. Thankfully, just in time though, I had pulled my head away. He looked at me, then made a look of disgust on his face.

"Ugh." He groaned, then laid back down and pulled the blanket back over his body.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked him and took the blanket back off. He shot daggers at me, and closed his eyes again.

"Sleeping, if you would please excuse me." He mumbled.

"Um, no thank you. You're fathers here." His eyes snapped open.

"Whaa..?"

"Last minute flight. I was talking to your mother about it yesterday, while you were sort of.. Preoccupied.." I took my turn to give him the dirty glare. He returned it.

"Leave me alone." He hissed, and pried the blanket from my grip. "I have a headache the size of Texas, so feel free to say 'I told you so.'"

"I don't care about that, but you can't just think you can drink away your problems, Chance!" I was gritting my teeth in rage as he didn't reply. "Seriously you look at me like I can't help you!" No answer. Heat was boiling up inside of me and the next words came out in a deathly snarl.

"Fine, drink yourself to death. Why the fuck would I care anyway?!" Chance turned swiftly to me, his mouth hanging open and face in shock. He caught himself and tried to speak, but I talked over him.

"No, don't even say anything. Go to hell." I fumed, and jumped of the bed. I exited the room quickly, and felt a twinge of guilt for what I had said. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and sat at the table. His parents were having a conversation of their own, so I was sure they hadn't heard my profanity upstairs. They both turned to me when I sat down.

"He's not getting up." I said, not daring to mention the part where he had a hangover or that he had drank over half a bottle of vodka in less than an hour yesterday. Jess nodded, and drummed her fingers nervously against the table.

"I can understand." She whispered and sighed. "In any case, we still have to plan the funeral. Of course though, unless if there's a miracle.."

"Where's Alyssa?" Chance's dad broke in.

"I haven't seen her around." I added.

"She said she was staying at a friends last night. I better give her a call.." She stood up from the table, took her cellphone out of her pocket, and walked into the other room. Just then, Chance walked down the stairs.