Ch. 8

*Sam pov*

I woke up to feel something heavy draped over me. It was warm and felt nice so I leaned into it, only to realize it was Colby.

I slowly remembered last night, the show, the drinking, him bandaging my hand. He very clearly wasn't trying to hide his emotions towards me, and i wish I felt the same way. I wish that a part of me liked him back. But I didn't, and that wasn't my fault.

I kept his arm over me being to tired to move it. It was also warm and i was freezing.

Twenty-ish minutes later I felt Colby slightly stir and yawn. He moved his arm and sat up. He moved his legs to hang over the bed and got up. I got up too but stayed on the bed, he walked to the table and cleaned up the small mess from the night before. He came back to bed and laid his head on my chest. "Good morning." He said in a sing-song tone. "Morning."

"We have today off, we should do something. Get to know each other more." I felt like Colby was asking me out. It would make sense, but I don't like him like that. Reluctantly I agreed. "Okay be ready by eleven, I'll drive." He didn't have a car.

Nonetheless i got up and showered, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, put on deodorant, and picked out an outfit. It was black jeans and a blue sweater, nothing special. Although I'm sure Colby would find a way to compliment it. I left my hotel room by ten-fifty-two and walked down to the lobby. I saw Jake eating alone so I joined him. "What do you have planned today?" He asked taking a bite of his waffle. "Colby's taking me somewhere, he says he wants to "know more about me." so we're goin' out." Jake laughed. "Sounds like he has a crush." He slightly whispered as he giggled. "Tell me about it. Last night he came to my room with a big bottle of champagne to celebrate. Then got "too drunk" to walk back to his own room and insisted to sleep in the same bed. When I woke up this morning he was spooning with me, I thought it might have been an accident, but then after he woke up he laid his head on my chest." Jake looked at me like a deer in headlights, his face then changed to one of a little kid who just read his sister's diary. "Holy fuck. This is so much ammo, thank you Sam for being here." He turned from me and grabbed his finished plate walking away.

I waited a little longer for Colby, but by eleven-fifteen i was ready to go back to my room. "Shit, sorry I know I'm late. But i remembered I don't have my car so i had to order a rental and i was on hold for like twenty minutes. But I got it and its waiting outside." I turned around see Colby dumbly smiling at me. I smiled back and followed him to the car. He opened my door for me, "For you m'lady." I rolled my eyes and got in. I didn't know who to tell him that him saying those types of things made me uncomfortable. He seemed so happy, I don't want to piss him off.

"How's your hand?"

"It's better, thanks." He looked at me and smiled. "Good."

He pulled into a small café with inly a few cars in the parking lot. It appeared nice and homely. There was only one person in there and he looked to be doing school work.

"What can I get for you today?" The lady behind the counter asked looking directly at Colby, not paying me any attention. "Uh I'll take a brown sugar latte hot and a slice of the blueberry pie. Sam what do you want?" He looked over at me and I struggled to find any words. "Uh- the I'll have um-" the lady rolled her eyes in annoyance, it's not like there's a long line behind me. "The mocha flat white and a cheese croissant, please." She typed it into the cash register thingy and pulled up our total. "That'll be thirty twenty-six, cash or card?" I went to reach for my wallet but Colby put his hand on arm stopping me. He handed the lady two twenties and told her to keep the change.

We sat at a small table in the corner, we sat in an awkward silence as we waited for our drinks and food. The same lady walked over and handed us our things, as she walked away she gave Colby a flirty wink. He got visibly mad and rolled his eyes. "Annoying bitch." He mumbled under his breath. "You good? All she did was smile." I placed my hand on his shoulder and he shook me off. He didn't answer me or say anything he just ate his pie angrily.