Ch. 13

*Kat pov*

We all sat in the studio awkwardly waiting fir Sam to arrive. He texted me saying he was going to be around twenty minutes late because he got lost on his way. Colby hadn't said a word since yesterday, and I didn't dare speak. Jake had tried to start a conversation, but he was met with weird looks from both of us.

Colby hadn't apologized. He didn't want to. I knew he saw my black eye as a victory. I was too weak in his eyes, and he's made that perfectly clear.

"Hey guys! Sorry i got lost then got stuck in traffic and-" he cut himself off as he noticed the demeanor of the room. "So what are we here for?" He asked looking over at Colby. "I just wanted to announce that you were the permanent replacement." Sam's eyes got big and a huge smile grew on his face. "I also thought we should start on a new album or something. But I don't think we should do that today." Colby got up from his seat, patted Sam on the back, and left.

"Is he okay?" Sam asked after Colby was gone. "No he's a manipulative ass hole that should rot in hell." I said angry as ever. "Holy shit what happened to your eye?!" Sam semi-yelled as he bent over to get a closer look. Jake and I just kind of looked at each other. "Jake and I were playing Mario Cart, I lost and threw my controller and it hit my eye." I lied, I knew if I told him the truth we'd be short a dummer, again. "Did you ice it? It looks swollen."

"No, it didn't start hurting until this morning." Sam nodded and sat next to me. "So..." Jake said trying to start a new conversation. "I take it you guys are still fighting?" Sam asked looking over and Jake and me. "Yup, he flipped out last night and hasn't spoken to us since." Jake answered rolling his eyes. "What did he flip out about?"

"The tv was too loud." I deadpanned trying to get them to drop the subject. I was still trying to get over it. Sam nodded and looked over at the wall.

"So how are things with you and Lucas?" Jake asked, Sam's face lit up. "Well I stayed over at his place last night. His house is amazing, we watched a few movies and drank wine. Then he asked me to be his boyfriend! I obviously said yes, so we're like official now!" I smiled at his story, even though it was fake. I think Sam was rushing into things with Lucas to forget about Colby. He's going to get hurt.

I want to be happy for him, but seeing him make the same mistake Colby made is killing me. Colby rushed things with Veronica, and it completely changed him. I'm not saying Sam is going to turn into a monster, but Lucas could be after the same thing that Veronica was. Fame. You can never be too safe, sadly.

                              ...

*Jake pov*

I was so excited when Sam asked if we wanted to go to Taco Bell. We waited in the studio to see if Colby was coming back. After fifteen minutes of him being gone we left too. Colby's car was gone, i was kind of relieved.

Sam decided he was "too tired" to drive so he rode with me. We got in the car and headed to the Taco Bell.

"What actually happened to Kat's eye?" Sam asked as we pulled out of the parking lot. "The controller hit her." I was awful at lying and could tell Sam saw right through it. "Jake. Just tell me." He begged for like five minutes before I finally gave in. "Fine! Her and Colby got into it an-"

"He hit her?!" Sam's face twisted into something of horror and disgust. "Yeah." I mumbled under my breath.

"So what did you want?" I awkwardly asked him so I could order. "Chicken quesadilla and a Pepsi."

"Welcome to Taco Bell, what can I get started for you?" The cashier was very upbeat, extremely different from us. "One crunch wrap and a chicken quesadilla with two large cups, please." I payed and we sat and a table in the corner of the dining area waiting for Kat.

When she walked in she told the man her order and walked over to us. "Hey guys." She said hesitantly. I assume she read the rooms vibe and decided to be safe. "Hello." I said back taking a sip of my drink. "I have an order for Jake ready." I got up and walked to the counter. "Thank you." I grabbed the food and as I was walking back to the table I saw Kat turn around. She gave me a look of betrayal.

Fuck.

"Why would you tell him!?" She whisper yelled at me when i got back to the table. "You know I can't lie, and he knew you weren't telling the truth." I whisper yelled back. I sat the tray down on the table and slid into the booth. Sam looked over at me giving me an "i'm sorry" look. Kat slapped the back of my head. I laughed at little, she hit hard and I'm sensitive I'm not trying to be caught crying in public. "It's not gonna be funny when we don't have a drummer and have to stop making music."

"I'm not leaving." Sam said causing Kat to look at him. "You're not?" Sam shook his head, "I don't want too. Sure Colby's a dick but you guys aren't." Kat gave him a side hug and smiled. "Order for Kat."

*Sam pov*

I had a hunch that the controller didn't cause that bad of a bruise. But hearing that Colby did it on purpose made my blood boil. I believe that violence is never the answer.

Sam
I cannot believe you

Colby
Me neither
What r u talking abt

Sam
U hitting Kat. U gave her a deep fucking bruise

Colby
U weren't there. U don't know what happened

Sam
You're right, I don't know the full story. But you shouldn't have put your hands on her! That is just wrong

Colby
Don't care
Didn't ask

Sam
Really?!
Why do you act like this? U are living so many peoples dream, and u take it all for granted. You abuse your power and are just a dick.

Colby
U don't know me. You don't know what I've been through. So stop acting like you do.

Sam
I really don't care. You're trying to be all mysterious and angsty but that doesn't justify you punching Kat in the face.
Did she hit you?

Colby
I don't think so, no

Sam
SO WHY DID YOU HIT HER?!
Like fuck man, that's so low

Colby
Whatever
Fuck u
Fuck Kat
Fuck Jake
I'm done.
I quit.

He didn't just say that. It's fake right? He didn't just quit the band. No of course not. But he did. And it's my fault. I just cost us everything.

_________
1188 words