Ch. 20

*Sam pov*

Colby. The angry brunette that i met two months ago. The guy I promised myself i would never fall for was sleeping in my bed cuddled up next to me. He always did this but it was different this time, butterflies filled my stomach and clouds fogged my ability to think straight.

He looked so peaceful when he slept, the way his hair fell slightly in front of his eyes and how his chest rose and fell with every breath. He would move every now and again, sometimes he would even sleep talk. He didn't really snore which I enjoyed.

"Sam?" He said pulling me out of my trance. "Yeah?" I replied trying to play it off like I wasn't starting at him for the past hour. "I can feel you looking at me in my sleep." I felt my face burn in embarrassment. I looked away from him as he opened his eyes he slightly chuckled when he saw me move. "I never said I didn't like it." He joked and sat up fully. "You're so dumb." I said trying to fill the silence. I felt his arm wrap around me then his head fall on my shoulder. He looked up at me and I gave him an awkward smile. "And you're pretty." My face turned an even darker shade of red and i had to look away. He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. We were a few inches apart, looking deeply into each others eyes i could feel his breath hitting my cheeks. "Sam do you know where th- fuck I'm sorry I'll find it myself." Amy came in and left in an instant. Colby broke out laughing and laid back down and I sat there dumbfounded.

I laid down next to him and decided I was going to be the bold one. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest. He sat his right hand comfortably on my waist then he planted a kiss on top of my head. "You comfy?" He asked with a laugh. I nodded and laughed too, "Very."

                              ...

Jake
R u with Colby?

Sam
Yeah
He's not up yet tho

Jake
Okay, tell him we are all meeting up at the studio around noon

Sam
Okay, do I come too

Jake
No sam you cant come to the BAND meeting
Yes ur going!
Dumbass

Sam
Damn my bad
Anyway we'll be there

Jake
Good

...
"So, last night." Amy teased as she walked into the kitchen with me. "Nothing happened." I replied with an awkward laugh. "If you say so." She grabbed a bowl and poured some cereal into it. Colby walked in his hair was a mess and his eyes were barley open. He walked up to me hugging me from behind and resting his head in the crook of my neck, Amy gave us a look before she walked out of kitchen.

"Good morning sleepy head." I chuckled, i heard him slightly laugh too. "Morning." He mumbled in his sleepy voice. "Do you want something to eat?" I could feel him shake his head no, "No thank you." He planted a kiss on my neck and walked over to the fridge. He grabbed a water bottle and sat down at the island. I could feel him looking at me and for the first time I didn't mind.
I wanted him to look at me.

"Oh by the way Jake texted me and said that everyones meeting up at the studio at noon." He sighed loudly, I turned around just in time to see him roll his eyes. "I'll drive don't worry." I flipped my two pancakes onto my plate and sat down next to him. He stole a piece of one of the pancakes and laughed when I got "mad". I wondered if this was the "old Colby" Kat and Jake talked about.

                              ...
"I've called you all here today because we need to start a new album. I went on twitter the other day and #jtbirrelevant was trending. So lets get to writing."

We sat for an hour throwing ideas in the air for a theme. "Oo how about we do one about anger." Kat suggested staring at Colby. "Haha very funny Katrina. How about leaving the past behind us, like Andrew. Y'know?" Colby went on about how on the featured song we could have a drum solo to piss off Andrew and his super fans. Everyone agreed that this was the best idea.

Hours past and it was approaching midnight. "Okay okay, so far we have Stupid boy, BS, Waterfall, Easy, Hate your life, Eat my spit, and Waste my time. Do we have anymore ideas?" I thought we had a really good line up, and i was excited to record them. "Sam how about one of your songs? Don't you have one about killing your old self? I think that would fit pretty well."

"Yeah, Outta My Head. But its kinda old." Jake wrote it down on the list anyway. "We can zhuzh it up." I nodded and smiled, i was happy that one of my own songs was going to be on the album.

Colby put his arm around me and rested his head on my shoulder. "I'm tired." He whispered for only me to hear. "Me too." I whispered back. "Aww I ship it." Jake said in a sing-song tone. I looked over at him and laughed along. "Ship what?" I asked confused. "You two. Obviously." He joking scoffed and continued writing in his journal. "We aren't a-" "Just drop it." Colby whispered, so I did.

                                ...

Kat was out in one of the chairs and Jake Colby and I were talking about random lyrics and the meanings behind them. "So like Why did you liе? you couldn't stay All of the times, I'm watching you walk away means like Andrew lied about sleeping with fans, and we are watching him walk away." We were all sleep deprived and I didn't understand much of what Jake was saying. "Yeah." I replied, Jake quickly wrote it down. I heard slight snoring and looked over to see Colby asleep on my shoulder. "Jake can we just finish this later. Amy's gonna worry if I'm not there soon. It's almost two." He nodded and stood up to stretch. "Yeah I gotta take Kat home. Is Colby gonna stay with you?" I nodded and let out a yawn.

I slightly shook Colby's shoulder, "Come on we're leaving." He opened his eyes and nodded. We stood up said our goodbyes and walked to the car. Luckily I only lived five minutes away from the studio.

"God Sam, what took you so long?" Amy asked as we stepped inside. "I'm too tired for questions. I'm going to bed." I grabbed Colby's hand and led  him into my room. "Bold of you to assume i wanna sleep in here." Colby said as he shut the door. I gave him an annoyed look and walked into my closet. I grabbed some sleep clothes and changed, nothing fancy just a random shirt and sweat pants. I walked out and saw Colby sitting on my bed shirtless. "Welcome back gorgeous." He said as he put his phone down and lifted the sheets for me to get in. I crawled into bed and laid down next to him. "No cuddles tonight?" He chuckled, I rolled my eyes not finding his joke funny. "I'm kidding. Goodnight." He said and kissed me on the cheek. "Night."

___________
1257 words