Ch. 9

*Sam pov*

Drunk.

Thats all I ever was these days.

I always had a bottle in one of my hands and my sticks in the other. This was now my normal, and I didn't hate it.

Kat and I have grown very close over the past week. She's really cool and has a "I don't give a fuck attitude" which is the complete opposite of me. I've told her about Colby and how I think or know he likes me. I told her about how I get uncomfortable when I'm the only one around him because he's unpredictable.

You never know which Colby you're going to get. He's either the best friend ever and is willing to bend over backwards for you, or he's mad and will tell you to fuck off even if you didn't say anything.

Kat agrees that his emotions are intense, but he's human and none of us are perfect. That includes Colby. That includes me. And that includes you.

One of our last shows were coming up in Phoenix Arizona. After that we only had two left.

The drive to Phoenix was long and quiet. Jake and Colby got into an argument over where everyone was sitting. Jake was apparently in Colby's seat and when Colby told Jake to move he said no. Kat and I walked on the bus and had to separate them before it got physically.

Colby
I'm sorry

Sam
Colby idc
You need to stop getting mad over petty shit
Apologize to Jake

Colby
But i was right

Sam
Okay then don't
Just know that everything will be awkward until you do

Colby
He should apologize
Why is it always my fault?!
Fuck u

I rolled my eyes and put my phone away, there was no winning with him. I was in the back of the bus away from everyone, it was quiet back there but not an awkward quiet like it was in the main part.

I was laying down when the curtain opened. It was Colby. He looked upset, not necessarily mad. "I'm sorry." He said sitting next to me. I flipped over trying to ignore him. "Sam?" after a few minutes he got up and walked out of the small "room".

...

"Five minutes til y'all are on!" Mike, one of the security guards, yelled from the side of the stage. No one said anything we were all still on edge. Colby got up to go finish his makeup.

"He's not mad when you're around." Jake mumbled in an annoyed tone. Kat hit him giving him the look. "What it's true. Earlier on the bus I swear he was gonna hit me, then Sam walked on and he calmed down." Kat looked at me then back at Jake, hitting him again. "I'm not saying it's a bad thing! I just wish we had the old Colby back."

The old Colby?

*Kat pov*

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing! I just wish we had the old Colby back."

The old Colby.

I missed him too. Everyone did. Everything changed with Colby when he broke up with Veronica. He was deeply in love with her, she just didn't feel this same way. He was so happy with her, they did everything together.

He even bought a ring.

But one day she stopped responding. She stopped interacting with us, cut all contact. He got a text a few weeks later saying: sorry for leaving so abruptly, i found the ring and realized I wasn't ready for that. To be honest the real reason i was with you was for fame. Dont wait for me.