Chapter Eighteen

(Zane's POV)

It's been a month since Hazelyne has been staying with me. Heather as tried to get her to come home, but she's not having it. She truly hates her.
She'll hate me even more once she finds out I'm the reason for her mother's suicide. I didn't want to tell her yet. But, Heather and I have has our own discussions. We're going to ride it out and let her decide. Eventually we are all going to meet and discuss it, but we are letting Haze cool down for awhile. Yeah, a month seems like a while, but with the situation, we both understand.
Her boyfriend has been coming by almost every day. They seem pretty serious. I don't know how long they have been together, but he makes her happy, and she makes him happy. That's all that matters. There were several questions the first day I brought her to school though. A couple students pulled me aside and asked if I was sleeping with her. One reported that I was. So, there was that scandal. Eventually, after a police investigation, it was proved that she's my daughter. She has even started calling me dad in class. And, of course, since she's passing my class with an A, everyone assumes she's getting special treatment. Which isn't the case. She's just a great artist.
Anyway, Haze and I just pulled into the parking lot of the school. We made our way to the classroom. Since I'm a teacher qnd have to be here early and she's with me, she sits in my classroom. Usually doing homework, drawing, or we just talk.
This time though, Wasn't a usually conversation.
"So, Why did my mom do it?" She asked. I looked you from grading projects, shocked.
"What?" Was the only thing that could escape my mouth.
"Why did Skylar kill herself." It was more of statement than a question. She said it, not even looking up from what she was doing.
"That's a conversation for a different time." I replied. She shrugged and said Okay. Shortly after, the bell rang. That much time went by already? Students began to fill my classroom.
"Teachers pet, here early as always." I hear. I look up and there's a guy at Haze's desk. Turned out to be Stephan, grade A douche bag. I know That's inappropriate for a teacher to say, but It's true.
"Shut up." Haze stated as she rolled her eyes.
"Or what? You gonna tell your daddy on me? Or your mom? Wait, I forgot, your ACTUAL mom killed herself." Haze got up and punched him in the face, breaking his nose.
"NEVER talk about my fucking mother!" She screamed, and stormed out of the room.
"Stephan, weeks detention. Go to the murder office." He grunted and did as I said I went after my daughter. She was right outside the room.
"Sorry." She said. I shook my head. I understood Why she did it. I Probably would have too, to be completely honest.
"You know I'm going to have to suspended you, right?" She nodded.
"How long?" She asked, looking at me with her big, green eyes. Disappointment was very apparent in them. I think she was disappointed in herself for reacting like that.
"Two days." She looked down and nodded in agreement. She made her way to the office, and I stepped back into class. It was going to be a long day.

After the school day ended, I went to the office to pick up Haze and take her home. She Wasn't there.
"Where are you?" I texted her.
"Home. I walked" I rolled my eyes, and drive home. When I got there, she was sitting on the couch, crying. I sat next to her, trying to comfort her.
"I'm sorry, dad. I should of just let it go." She sobbed into my shoulder.
"Sweetie, No. It's fine. I'm not mad at you." She looked up at me with her big green eyes, and I smiled at her. She smiled back. I loved that smile. It reminded me So much of her mother's.
It's really weird knowing I just met my daughter after So long.
I wish things would of went differently with Skylar. Then, Maybe, she would still be here.