Chapter Nine

(Hazelyne's POV)

I woke up on the couch next to Derrek again. He's been here almost every day, and when he wasn't here, we would text constantly, since mom got me a phone about a month ago. It wasn't an iPhone or anything, but it was touch screen. It was simple though. I didn't really want anything over $100. That's too much to ask for. We've gotten super close in these last three months though. Hell, he might as well live here. He had a room with half his things in it. We just happen to fall asleep on the couch all the time. Jesus, I really like him. I think he likes me too, but I don't know. I looked at him and smiled, and tried to get up without waking him. 

I failed. He looked at me with his sleepy eyes, which were quite adorable might I add, and he smiled.

"Good morning, beautiful." He whispered. Cue the butterflies and breathing problems.

"Good morning, sunshine." I teased, trying to act like his words didn't make my heart skip twelve beats. He giggled and I walked into the kitchen. There was a note on the table from Mom. 

She went somewhere with Ryan, and told me not to do drugs. Alright then. Whatever works. 

Throwing the note in the trash, I walked back to the living room and turned on the TV. I wanted to watch a movie. A scary movie. So, I went to On Demand, one of the best inventions ever, and went through the horror movies.

"How about IT?" Derrek asked. I looked at him in complete shock. I hated clowns. They scared the living hell out of me.

"Uh.." Was my response.

"Don't worry, sweetie. I'll keep you safe." I smiled and selected it. This may or may not end badly. 

"Wait, pause it before it starts!" He randomly shouted. I jumped and hit the pause button. He ran to the kitchen and was in there for quite some time. I didn't pay attention to how long, but when he returned, he had a big bowl of popcorn, four cans of coke, and some candy. While carrying all of this into the living room, he turned off the lights, set it all on the table, and sat back on the couch. He adjusted the blanket so we were both under it, and I was close to him. Grabbing the bowl of popcorn, I put it in the very small gab between us, and clicked play.

This was going to be an interesting time.

-----

"AHHH!!" I screamed and popcorn went everywhere. I cuddled up next to Derrek and hid my face in his shoulder. He laughed at me.

"Babe, it's just a clown." He said, laughing his butt off. Wait, did he just call me 'babe?' Not important right now. The point is a damn clown just came out of a freaking shower drain.

"Yeah. Who kills children and shows up out of no where in showers. How the hell can someone come through the drain?! That's not natural!" He laughed some more, and I finally looked up and glared at him. He smiled at me, and I couldn't stay mad.

"So, we don't have popcorn anymore." He said awkwardly. I nodded. Ignoring the movie, we just looked deeply into each other's eyes. His eyes were so pretty. I could never get over it. 

He brushed some of my hair behind my ear, and left his hand where it ended up. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! My heart was beating, the butterflies were fluttering, and my lungs were collapsing. This might be it. 

He leaned in, and I leaned in. He got closer and close, and as soon as his lips were about to brush mine, he said something, looking me dead in the eyes.

"I love you Hazelyne Nirvana." Just like my dream.

"I love you too, Derrek Lucas." Just then, his lips touched mine, and everything around me stopped. It was just me and him. Everything was beautiful. Everything was perfect. My dream came true. Literally.  Most of it anyway. I was just going to let this lead to whatever is next.

We pulled away, and he hugged me. 

"Will you be mine, Hazelyne?" Holy shit! Excuse my language but holy fucking nut shit! My life is perfect!

"Yes." I responded as well as I could. He kissed me again. It was better than the first, if that was possible. We sort of made out a bit. I guess? I didn't know, this was the first person I've ever kissed!  

Eventually, after what felt like hours, we pulled away. He took my hand, and we turned our attention back to the movie. I didn't even mind. The only thing I was worried about was where Mom was, but I wasn't that concerned. She didn't come home some times. Regardless, not even a scary, evil, child murdering, psychotic, creepy clown could ruin this moment for me. It was perfect. 

This is what true happiness felt like. Then, I heard that voice.

You guys make a good couple. Make it last, and don't do anything stupid.

For some reason, I felt I should listen to her. Maybe I was just going crazy, but I felt like I knew this person. Like she was part of me.

I didn't want to stress it too much. I looked at Derrek, and kissed him again. He kissed me right back, and we cuddled and finished the movie, while I fell asleep in his arms. 

Yeah. Life was beyond perfect.