Chapter Eight

(Heather's POV)

A/N:: This is going to be a very short chapter. Mainly because I'm SUPER excited to write the next one (: So, I apologize in advance for the poor quality of this one but...eh. Every book/story always had at least one chapter that isn't the best, right? Forgive me? (: Anyway, hope you at least somewhat enjoy this one :P

It's been about three months since Haze met Derrek, and I swear, this kid might as well live here. He had the guest room to himself, half his things are here, but they both always sleep on the couch in the living room. I don't really mind it to be honest. He's like the son I never had. He's a good kid. More on the 'emo' side, so I'm sure Hazelyne would get more into that. She was very independent, but easily influenced. Again, i really didn't mind. They were getting extreamly close though. That part slightly worried me, but at the same time, I didn't care. 

Thinking about all of this, I looked at the clock in the kitchen, and it was eleven AM. The kids still weren't awake, but it was a Saturday and I didn't want to wake them up. They looked so comfortable. I was leaving in about an hour though to go to some thing Ryan set up, and I wanted to inform them. I guess I could just leave a note?

Yeah. I'll leave a note. 

Hazelyne and Derrek, 

Ryan set something up for me, so if I'm not here when you wake up, I'm there. I don't know when I'll be home, but if you need anything, call me. You know where the food is. Be good, don't do drugs. 

-Mom 

Good enough I suppose. It was also pretty nice that she didn't have to call me from Derrek's phone anymore. I got her one about a month ago. I knew I could trust her with it. Even though she was texting Derrek all the time when he wasn't here. Pretty sure there's something going on that I don't know about, but I didn't care. 

I placed the note on the tabel by the couch and went upstairs to get ready for the day. Ryan said to dress nice, but not too nice. I was confused, but whatever.

I went to my closet, and grabbed a pink tank-top and white skinny jeans, with black ankle high boots. It was cute. I curled my blonde hair and put on a little bit of eyeliner. Looking at the time, I had five minutes left. Great. 

I walked downstairs, and they were still sleeping. Damn. I took out my phone and took a picture of it. It was too adorable to pass up. Smiling, I walked out of the house,  Wouldn't you know, Ryan was right there, waiting for me.

"You ready? By the way, perfect outfit." He grinned. I rolled my eyes and got into his car. He turned on the radio, and on the radio was "I'm Not Okay" by My Chemical Romance. This was one of her favorite songs.  I listen to the lyrics very carefully, not sure what I was trying to make out of it. 

"What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems? (I'm not okay), I've told you time and time again, you sing the words but don't know what it means (I'm not okay), TO be a joke and look, another line without a hook, I held you close as we both shook for the last time, take a good hard look. I'm not okay." 

Ryan turned the radio off.

"You looked like you were about to cry."

"Sorry."

"Don't be. I know it reminds you of her."

"It's been thirteen years. I should be over it by now."

"You'll never get over your first love." With that, we drove in silence. He pulled up to some building, and we got out of the car.

I looked at him, and he smiled. The hell? Walking in, I saw a big sign hanging over a table.

Speed Dating.

What the literal fuck.