Chapter Two

(Heather's POV)

I can't beleive Hazelyne is already starting seventh grade. She grew up so fast. It was difficult doing it all on my own, some help from Ryan, but she's certainly worth it. She's exactly how I imagened her. The perfect blend between me and Sky.

Skylar's perfect emerald eyes, gorgeous blonde hair, and the badass style. Since I raised her, she's the sweetest chilld alive. I've never had to punish her and she had a lot of friends. She had her mother's sarcastic, smartass attitude  and temperthough. That's for sure.

When Haze started crawling I took down all the pictures of her and Skylar. I wanted to keep them up, but I didn't want her to know what happened. I just told her that her father left. I feel terrible for it, and I'm surprised Skylar isn't haunting me because of it. She would want her daughter to know what happened, but I couldn't stand to break her heart like that. Especially after twelve years of not knowing anything about it. I just needed to find the right time to explain everything.

I shook the thoughts out of my head before I started getting upset. I didn't want her to suspect anything. Speaking of my beautiful daughter, she came skipping down the stairs. I set her bowl of Fruit Loops on the table.

"You know, I could of done it myself. I'm almost thirteen, I think I'm capable of getting myself breakfast."  And there's the smartass attitude I was talking about.

"I know. But your too cute to do anything on your own." I responded, talking to her in a baby voice and messing up her hair. She glared at me, and put a spoonfull of cereal in her mouth. Flashing a smile, I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Not even five minutes later, she threw my keys at me and stood by the door. Already that time.

"Let's go." She stated, motioning me to the door. I took my sweet time to get up and get to the door. She opened it and sped out of the house to the car.

I don't understand how she enjoyed school so much. Hopefully it stays this way through highschool.

Anyway, we got in and headed to the school. She didn't play DJ though. The ride was silent, although she had a huge smile plastered on her face as we pulled up to the school.

"Love you, Mom!" she yelled getting out.

"Love you too. Hey! Don't forget, Ryan's coming over today!" She ignored that and ran to the doors, automatically pairing up with a few friends she had missed over summer vacation. Smiling, I pulled out of the school area and headed home.  I had a feeling this was going to be a good day.

Raising HazeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara