Chapter One

(Hazelyne's POV)

"Hazelyne! Wake up! It's your first day of seventh grade!" My mother, Heather screamed from the bottom of the stairs.

"Already up!" I've been up for awhile. I was excited. Finally over the awkward new comer part, but not quite awesome in the middle school world. Either way, nothing has ever really happened for me to not enjoy school. I don't like the homework, but I have a lot of friends.

"I'm surprised." Mom said as she casually walked on into my room. I smiled at her, and continued to brush my long, blonde hair. 

"Why?" I asked, putting the brush down.

"You usually don't like getting up early." She seemed sad as she said this. She seemed sad a lot. I never knew why, but she was always there so I didn't question it. Maybe it was just her personality, or maybe because dad left her. I don't know. I never knew the full story to my father. She avoided it at all costs.

"I know." I walked over  to my closet. By looking at my face in pictures and stuff, one would never suspect my clothing style to be as it is. I love band shirts and skinny jeans.  And colorful tank-tops.

"What are you wearing today? I held up my bright yellow tank-top, pink skinny jeans, and a white jacket type thing. She nodded in approval.

"Excellent. I'm going to go get you a bowl of cereal ready. Since you'll actually have time for breakfast. Hurry up though." I nodded and quickly got dressed.

I looked in the mirror as I did, and I studied my facial features and eyes and everything. 

I looked nothing like her. Was I adopted or something? She always avoided the subject of my father and stuff. The fact that I only had her hair color didn't say anything. There are a lot of blonde individuals out there. 

Oh well. It was probably all in my head anyway.

I just had to get everything together and enjoy my first day of school.