Chapter Eleven

(Hazelyne's POV)

So I was crying. With the dream i had last night, and the fight my mother and I just got into, I couldn't take it. I didn't care if Derrek was here or not, and he just let me cry on his shoulder, so it was all alright. That dream really messed with my head though.

--In the dream--

I was walking through a cemetary. They were so peaceful and quiet. I loved them. I sat at my usual bench. The bench I was first drawn to when I came here. I sat down, and looked into the distant sunset. It was so beautiful. Then, I saw two people walking towards me. Weird. No one ever came here at this time unelss they were visiting a loved one. Even then, they payed no attention to me. It was two girls, just a few years older than me. They were holding hands. One had long, straight blonde hair and gorgeous hazey blue eyes. The other, she had long black hair and emerald eyes. Her eyes were identical to mine.

"She's beautiful," the blonde said, "just like her mother." She looked at the one with black hair.

"Isn't she though?" That voice. That was the voice I've been hearing for the last few days. They both smiled at me, then faded away. I looked down and there were two grave stones in front of me. 

One said Avery Johnson. 

The other said Skylar Belthor.

---Reality---

Thinking about the dream really messed with me. That girl. I looked so much like her. It was insane. 

A headache was developing. I needed Tylenol.  So, I walked into my mom's bathroom. No one was ever really allowed in here unless it was for medications. Which no one was on, and I usually needed her permission. But, she pissed me off, so I really didn't care. Plus, Derrek came with me. It made me feel a little better.

I opened the cabinet over the sink. 

I found no Tylenol. What the hell.  

I looked under the sink.

Nothing. 

The only places left were the towel closet and 'forbidden closet.' 

Why was it forbidden? No idea. Probably her high school memories and stuff. Things she wanted no one to see. But, she always had something for a headache. I had to find it. So, I looked in the towel closet first.

Towels.

Then, I walked to the Forbidden Closet of Secrets. Something was telling me to look in there. Maybe because there was a headache cure, and I was desperate to find it. 

I slowly reached toward the knob.

"What are you doing?" Derrek asked. Even he knew the rules against this one specific closet. 

"Looking for stuff for my headache." I said in a matter-of-fact tone. He looked worried, but didn't protest. I wasn't pleasent when I wasn't feeling well.

So, I opened the closet. There were boxed, and a few pictures taped to the inside of the door. 

All of them were of my mom and some other girl.

The girl from my dream.

The girl with bright emerald eyes and black hair.

I examined the pictures, and they were just like relationship pictures. There were some of them kissing. Piggy back rides. They looked happy. What the fuck was going on?!

I looked at the boxes and their labels.

"Memories.", "High school.", "Childhood.", "Skylar and I <3.", "Skylar and Haze."

Skylar. 

Skylar?!  

I ripped open the box of her and Skylar. There were love notes, and a million more pictures.

Then, at the bottom there was a suicde note. 

"Heather; You are the love of my life. I would of never even got this far without you. You're my world, my Sunshine, my heart, my light, my everything. I know this hurt you, and I promised I would never do this, but I had to. Just remember I love you, and you know what you need to do."

So this Skylar chick commited suicide?

What the hell was going on?!  I looked at Derrek and he looked as shocked as I was. 

I then forcefully ripped open the box that read "Skylar and Haze."

Words can't described what I found. 

There were many, many pictures of me as a baby, no older than two months, with Skylar holding me. A few were edited that said "Mother and Daughter." 

I was so confused. She looked so happy in our pictures. The older I got in them though, the more depressed she looked. Like, her smile was real, but her eyes were sad. 

I dug trough the entire box. There were so many pictures. There were some of all three of us. Skylar and Mom kissing while holding me. 

Then it hit me. Mom, wasn't my mother. I started crying. I kept digging though. I felt I needed to find something. 

And I did.

At the bottom of the box, there was a note to me.

"Haze; Baby girl, I know you didn't know me long, but I love you. You deserved a better life. Someone who could give you everything I couldn't. There are pictures of us. You can see me whenever you want, and I will always be here in some way. I just want you to have the best. You're the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. I love you Hazelyne Nirvana. Please don't ever think I didn't.  -Your Mother, Skylar Rose" 

I read it, and I cried harder than ever. Derrek tried to hug me, but I pushed him away. He just saw the pictures. He didn't see the note. 

"What is it babe?" He asked. He was really concerened,

"See this girl in the picture?" I said between sobs. I showed him one of the pictures of this Skylar woman holding me. 

"Yes." He said, slightly confused.

"She's my mother. She commited suicide."

At that point, I broke down. I couldn't help but cry. How could mom, or Heather, keep this from me? For thirteen fucking years. I don't understand. 

I curled into a ball, hugging the note, and cried. Derrek was stroking my hair, but I didn't care at this time.

I just can't believe I've been lied to my entire life.