Chapter 22

The rest of the evening didn't result in the police arriving only security threatening the two fighting men with being escorted off the property.

Johanna left a few hours after they arrived, Louis following not long after, Sara was blowing up his phone. He didn't even have the energy to call her back.

James and Des stayed overnight at the hospital never leaving Harry's side besides to use the restroom.

Both tired men perk up when there's a soft knock at the door in walking the doctor and nurse.

"Good morning" the doctor greets with a bright smile.

"What's todays plans?" Des tiredly asks.

"Not much of a plan, we're hoping the swelling goes down even more today and him possibly waking up"

"If you'll excuse me" The doctor motions next to James who moves out of the way.

The doctor changes Harry's eye wraps happy with the results from last night, James and Des both cringe and look away when Harry's eyelids are pulled open, the doctor shining a light on them.

"His eyes are bloodshot but overall look okay, we'll keep monitoring them, should be completely down by the end of the week. His lungs are strong and we may end up taking off oxygen this evening" The doctor finished covering his eyes, tossing the previous wraps.

"He's a fighter. I expect a full recovery. We can discuss that more later on when he wakes up"

The morning went into evening Harry had been moving slightly on and off which the doctor said was great. Louis and Johanna joined back at the hospital not too long ago.

Everyone distracting themself with their phones when Des gasps loudly.

"H-he squeezed my hand. Harry" Des stands up, holding Harry's hand tightly, every surrounded the bed as Harry's movements picked up, Louis ran for the doctor yelling that he was waking up. The doctor and nurses follow in behind Louis.

"Mr Styles?" The doctor says calmly, carefully removing his eye bandages. The swelling had went down significantly since this morning.

Harry squeezes his eyes shut before forcing them open, his vision was blurry all he saw was blobs until he gave a few blinks and was open to see clearly.

"You're awake" Des quickly hugs a confused Harry.

"H-wha- dad?" Harry speaks up in a scratchy voice his eyes looking around until they found James'. Tears fill Harry's eyes as he pushes his dad off pulling James down to him.

"Baby" James sighs wrapping his arms around Harry who was trembling. He was so confused, doesn't remember how he got here or how long he's been here.

"W-what happened?" Harry sobs into James shoulder.

"I found you beat up and you stopped breathing when the ambulance arrived. You've been in the hospital for almost three days"

Harry pulls back in surprise staring down at his arms and hands which had slight bruises. Harry couldn't believe Luke put him in the hospital.

"How are you feeling Harry?" The doctor smiles.

"Sore. My head hurts, it hurts to breath"

"That's because you came in with a broken rib, punctured lung and your eyes were swelled shut. You stopped breathing several times"

Harry stares at the doctor in shock, Harry doesn't remember being hit that bad. Harry's heart starts pounding at the realization that Luke is out there somewhere and he knows where he lives.

"Do you have any idea who may have did this?" Harry doesn't look at anyone minus Louis who was giving him a look as if saying to say it was Luke; but Harry couldn't, he was too scared of what may happen if he ratted on Luke and he found out before the cops found him.

"The police are working on getting security footage from the halls from that night to see who came in" James smile kissing the top of Harry's hair "we'll find the baster"

"Cameras?" Harry's voice was filled with panic.

Too many people were surrounding him and staring him down as if they're expecting him to say something.

"Can everyone please leave?"

"Harry, we want to catch whoever did th-"

"Please leave. I just want to be with James" Harry sighs.

Des and Johanna have a deja vu moment remembering when Harry was the same way with Louis. Everyone reluctantly leaves the room leaving the couple alone.

"Why are my parents here?"

"I didn't call them baby, they showed up with your brother" James not bothering to say Louis' name.

"I don't want them here right now" Harry shakes his head

"Okay we can take care of that, do you remember who did this?"

Harry shakes his head quickly "they can't pull the cameras, please tell them not to" Harry pleads at James tears in his eyes.

"Harry whoever did this almost killed you" James speaks sternly "he deserves to be behind bars"

"I c-can't, Please James stop the investigation"

"You know who did this" James sits on the side of Harry's bed, placing a hand on his thigh.

"My e-ex, Luke" Harry whispers looking down at his lap "Please drop the investigation. I won't cooperate with the cops"

"Harry, he needs to be put behind bars for this. He almost killed you!' James raises his voice slightly, Harry unknowingly flinches before shaking his head again.

"Drop it. I won't say anything"