Chapter 5: Fight

Craig pov:

It was the morning, I was waiting for Tweek to finish to prepare for school. I sighed and leaned against the wall. I thought of my conversation yesterday with my mom. Should I tell him how I felt? No, I preferred wait. But what if he felt the same way, but he was afraid to tell me. This was too complicate.

-I'm finished, w-we can go Craig.
-Ok.

We took the bus and arrived at school. I headed to my locker and waved my hand at Tweek. We had different classes this morning so we separated. I entered my class and Clyde came to me.

-Yo, man I heard something this morning, I don't know if you'll like it.
-What?
-There's like a rumor about Tweek.
-What does it say?

I said half listening. There were hundreds of rumors in this school. The fact that there was one on Tweek wasn't surpising at all.

-Apparently he's gay.

My eyes widened and I looked at Clyde. I woke up violently making my chair fall and doing a big noise echoed throughout the classroom. Everyone turned and looked at me. I felt all the emotions at once. I was surprised, scared, but happy, and angry at the same time. At the time, all I could think about was Tweek.

-Craig?
-I need to see him.
-Hey, Craig ! Come back!

I run throughout the hall heading to Tweek's classroom. Suddenly, I bumped into someone.

-I'm sorry, but you should go see there.

She pointed at Tweek's classroom.

-Why?
-There's a fight.
-A fight ?
-Yeah, Cartman is trying to intimidate a guy.

I pushed the people in front of the door to see in the classroom.

Tweek pov:

-Why are you looking at me like that. You're trying to seduce me or something?

He asked laughing and putting his big hands to cover his body. I frowned and clenched my teeth. My cheeks became red with anger and shame.

-Come on, why are you so red? Am I right?
I can't believe I'm talking to an alien right now.
-Cartman stop-
-Shut up Kyle. Are you trying to defend that? Pls man are you like him or something? Anyway you faggot, I think we need to heal you.

He quikly hit me in the stomach. I let out a little scream, holding my stomach with both hands. Why everybody is watching us as they were watching a film?

-Come on, say it! Say it's false and just a rumor! Come on Tweek. We're all waiting for you.
-Sh-shut up fatass.
-What did you just say!? I would never dare say that if I were a fag like you.

I punched him in the face. He stepped back and looked at me with a smirk.

-I see Tweek, you want to play this with me asshole.

People around us were shouting "fight" and encouraging both of us. Cartman pinned me against the wall by my neck. He tightened his grip, depriving me of air to suffocate me. I tried to stuggle and hit him with my legs but he wouldn't let me go. From my mouth came sounds of complaint and pain, while my vision became blurred. I closed my eyes and I dug my nails into the skin of his arms.

-I-I h-hate you.

I said between two groans of pain.

-Cartman I swear i'm gonna fucking kill YOU!

Craig pov:

-Cartman I swear i'm gonna fucking kill YOU!

I said, shouting. He turned his head to me and let go of Tweek that was now lying on the floor searching for air. I clenched my fists and walked towards Cartman.

-Oh hi Craig. You must be disappointed to learn that your friend is-

I punched him in the face making him fall on the floor.

-HEY what's going on with you dude!?
-You're asking me what's going on with ME!? YOU BIG ASSHOLE!

I placed myself on top of him and grabbed him by the collar. I hit him in the face a second time. His nose started to bleed as he grabbed my neck and pushed me on the side to place on top of me and try to hit my face with his fist. I blocked it and I punched him in the stomach to keep him away. He suddenly jumped on me and punched me one time before getting interrupted.

-HEY STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!

The principal entered the classroom and took Cartman's arm to keep him away from me. I ran to Tweek and took his hands in mine.

-Are you ok?
-Y-Yeah don't worry but you?
-I'm fine it's ok.

I wrapped his arm around my neck and helped him get up.

-YOU THREE, COME TO MY OFFICE NOW!! Everyone return to their class!

We came to the office and I explained what happened to the principal. Cartman was trying to ignore and change the story. But something was wrong. Tweek didn't say anything and he was just standing here looking at the floor. After that, we went to the infirmary and the nurse put some bandages on our facial wounds. Even at that moment I couldn't talk, I didn't know what to say so we were just standing here in silent. The day ended and we returned home still in silent.

-Well see ya.
-Yeah bye.

I looked at him walking away. Did our relationship became awkard? I needed to talk to him and explain. I don't want it to end like this. I walked to him and grabbed his shoulder to make him turn towards me.

-Tweek wai-

I opened my eyes wide when I saw his tear-filled face. He was trembling and couldn't take his eyes off the ground. He was breathing heavily.

-Tweek?
-Craig, is something wrong with me?

He took a deep breath before continuing with what he had to say.

-I mean, I didn't want him to hit you. I swear I didn't want you to be hurt. I-I'm feeling so guilty because of that. I feel like it's all my fault.
-No Tweek, Cartman is a dumbass. He deserved to be hit. You don't need to worry about that.
-But you still wanna be close to me? Even if it means you're going to go through things like that. You can't be serious about that, Craig. Nobody wants to be beaten. And this rumor, doesn't it bother you?
-No, not at all. But it's just a rumor isn't it?
-No Craig it's not just a rumor.

His cheeks were pink and wet and his eyes red. His crying wouldn't stop. My eyes widened. Tweek was really gay? It wasn't just my imagination. But it didn't mean that he was in love with me.

-Oh is he ok?
-I don't know.

People were staring at us, wondering if Tweek was ok. I took off my hat and placed it on Tweek's head to hide it. It felt weird to feel the wind moving through my hair. I placed my arms around his neck and hugged him. His skin was so warm even in winter.

-Tweek, I like you just the way you are.

He closed his eyes and buried his head in my shoulder. He put his hands on my back to complete the hug. I could smell his perfume. A mix of coffee and orange. It was like the time was freezed around us. It sounded kind of chiché but it did really felt like that. He moved away from me and wiped his eyes with his hand.

-Thanks Craig, you're really the best.

He stood on tiptoe and suddenly moved his head closer to mine. I felt my cheeks warm up. Was he gonna kiss me? I closed my eyes and waited. But nothing. After a while, I felt a strong pressure on the top of my head. I opened my eyes and saw his face with a big smile.

-H-Here your hat, see ya.

I watched him go with a frozen face. I loved this guy too much.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°