Chapter 12: The illness

Craig pov:

-Oh look honey, it's Craig.
-Oh, hi Craig.

Unlike my parents, Tweek's parents were so kind to me. They always asked me if I needed anything. It's as if the parents were as perfect as their son.

-You came to see Tweek I guess?
-Yes.
-Come on in. He's in his room.

I thanked them and headed to Tweek's room. I opened the door slowly to avoid making too much noise in case he was asleep. I took a deep breath of the smell of Tweek all over his room. I have to admit, it was weird to do this, but I couldn't help myself.

I looked around me. The curtains in his room let through a small line of light, enough to illuminate the whole room very slightly. It was a real mess. All his clothes lay on the floor, while on his desk, several cups of coffee sat for days. He'd had this bad habit for a long time. I thought I'd never seen his room tidy.

-C-Craig?

I spotted Tweek under some blankets, hiding in his bed. A few drops of perspiration dripped from his forehead, while his cheeks seemed to be burning more than usual. His breathing was trying hard to remain constant.

-Dude, are you feeling okay?
-Well, not really.

He replied with a weak smile. I felt so sorry for him, he looked like he was suffering.

-Did you take any medicine?
-I'm supposed to, but I can't stand up from my bed.
-Where are they?
-On my desk. But I need to eat something with it.
-Ok. Let me just 2 seconds.

I headed to the door, descended the stairs and went into the kitchen.

-Is everything fine, Craig? Do you need something ?
-I need something to eat for Tweek.
-I just made soup. Let me give you a bowl and a glass of water.

I waited a few seconds, and Tweek's mother brought me what she'd prepared.

-Thanks.
-Thanks to you, Craig. You're always helping Tweek, you're always coming the morning to help him and going to school with him, since years. That's really nice of you. You're a good boy, Tweek always talks about you, positively. If one day you need something, anything, come see me.

I couldn't hold back the smile that gradually spread across my face. She put both her hands on my shoulders and looked at me, smiling.

-You'd make an excellent husband.

My heart missed a beat. My eyes widened in shock and incomprehension. Did she know? No, impossible. I was sure she was telling me that for my "future wife".

I tried to keep smiling but my incomprehension increased when she winked at me, still smiling. It was just my imagination, I was sure. I didn't know what to say or how to react. I froze, waiting for her to say or do something.

-Come on, bring him his food.

I nodded and headed to Tweek's room, still confused. Tweek had told me that his parents were tolerant about his sexuality, so they knew. If only my father could be more understanding and less of an idiot.

-I'm here, Tweek.

He smiled at me with his tired eyes. I put his bowl on his bed, warning him not to burn himself. I placed the glass of water on a small shelf beside his bed, waiting for him to eat the soup. I meant, trying to eat the soup. He trembled so much that the spoon couldn't stay steady in his mouth. I could clearly see that he was doing his best to control his trembling, but he was having great difficulty.

-Give me that.

I took the spoon from his hands before he had time to reply.

-Say aaaaaa...