Chapter 15: Amusement park (part 2)

Craig pov:

-Wanna do one last attraction?
-Earlier you were about to throw up on the floor, I don't think that's a good idea.
-I can handle one more.

He looked at me with a look of pity.

-Just one then.

We wandered around the park trying to find an attraction to end the day. It was getting a little late, so there were fewer and fewer people.

-What about the first one you wanted to try?
-No, I don't want you to throw up again.
-Then what about the Ferris wheel.
-I don't know, I'm not really comfortable with heights.

We couldn't stop thinking about the attraction when he raised his hand to point one. It was fairly classic, with a first descent and then a few climbs. It was perfect for finishing.

-Yeah, let's do this one.
-Ok.

We headed for the attraction and immediately sit with a few people behind and in front of us. The wagon began to move forward and up the tracks, bit by bit. The climb seemed endless. I swallowed and closed my eyes as we reached the top, mentally preparing myself for the fall.

But nothing came. I opened my eyes again and looked at Tweek, who seemed as confused as I was. What was happening? The people in the wagons also began to wonder.

People began to panic as we heard shouts from downstairs telling that it was a technical problem and there was no need to panic. Despite these words, some people began to panic and stress. I returned my gaze to Tweek, who was holding his head down with both hands.

-We're all gonna die...we're all...die...
-Tweek.
-I can't die yet, I'm too young. I can't!

I put my hand on his, trying to calm him down, but it didn't seem to work. His pupils had shrunk and his eyes showed only fear. His hands began to tremble more and more as water began to form in his eyes. His breathing quickened despite the fact that he was trying to calm down.

-Tweek calm down, breath. We're not gonna die.
-And how do you know!? I should have looked at the percentage of accidents that happen on these rides. I should have! And now because of me we're gonna die. Oh god!

He began pulling his hair out too hard. It was as if there was nothing I could do to calm him down.

-We're gonna die and people are gonna hate me. But I'm sure they already can't stand me. I feel like I'm bothering, annoying everyone. I always freak out for no reason. I can't stop twitching and overreacting. No wonder people started calling me a freak. I usually try to stay calm for you but that's too much. On top of that, I make everyone around me uncomfortable. Your father, Cartman, a few people in class. No matter how nice you are to me, I can't do it. I can't think well of myself. I just can't. What's wrong with me!? I'm afraid you don't like me-
-I like you Tweek! I like you. I like you. I like you. I love you. I love every part of you, in a romantic way. I wanna be with you, hold you against me. Let me stay by your side, tell me you like me too. You need to calm down and listen to me. Do you trust me?
-...

We kept our eyes on each other. He nodded as the water that had collected in his eyes ran down his face in the form of hot tears. I smiled sadly at him, clasping his hand in mine. His breathing had calmed but remained a little agitated. He intertwined our fingers together and smiled at me with flushed cheeks and pronounced those words I'll never forget.

-I love you. I love you, Craig Tucker.

Some people could be heard making noises and smiling after hearing us. That was so damn embarassing, but I was so happy, I didn't care of what they could think.