Chapter 13: The kiss

Craig pov:

-Tweek's still sick?
-Yeah. Looks like he's not coming today either.
-He's rarely sick, but that's not surprising in the middle of winter.
-I'm sure he's fine.

Our group, made up of Tweek, Jimmy, Token, Clyde and me, wasn't the same without Tweek. No matter how hard Jimmy tried to make jokes, my worry for Tweek only intensified. I needed to get him out of my head, but I couldn't. I needed to visit him today too, and every day for as long as he's ill. Let's hope I don't get lost in thought and make a fool of myself this time. I thought.

-Bye, Craig.
-See ya tomorrow.
-B-B-B-Bye.

I left the school and walked to Tweek's house. When I got there, I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open it for me. Tweek's mom opened the door with a big smile.

-Hi Mrs. Tweak.
-Hello Craig, it's always a pleasure to see you. After your visit yesterday, Tweek rested and he's feeling much better now. But he still has to stay at home for another day to regain his strength.
-I see. Can I see him?
-Sure. Come in. He's still in his room.

Tweek's mother was wearing her apron, so I assumed she was cooking.  I was right, because as soon as I entered the house, the smell of cookies mixed with cinnamon invaded my nose. Tweek's mother's famous cookies were the best. She knew how to measure out the ingredients perfectly, without using too much salt, sugar or cinnamon. They were just perfect.

-I've just made some cookies, they're still a bit warm but can you take them to Tweek for me please? Feel free to take some too.
-Sure. Thanks.

She handed me a plate full of cookies, which I took without hesitation. I then headed up the stairs to Tweek's room and entered without saying a word.

-Craig, you're here.

Tweek looked at me with his usual warm smile, of which I never tired. I took a cookie and put it directly in his mouth, with a smile.

-Feeling better?

He took the cookie out of his mouth, eating the piece he'd bitten off.

-I feel much better, I don't have temperature anymore. I should be able to go back to school soon.
-That's nice.

He continued to eat the cookie, keeping the conversation going.

-By the way, how did the math test go?
-In truth, I think I passed.
-Really? That's surprising. You've never got above average in math since the beginning of the year.
-Well, thanks for the support, dude.

He gave me a playful smile, giggling slightly. His gentle laughter echoed throughout the room, soon giving way to complete silence. The orange light of the sun, slightly illuminating his room in the same way as yesterday. My cheeks immediately began to burn. The mood was definitely perfect.

Tweek seemed surprised by my sudden change of expression. I lowered my head to keep him from seeing my flushed cheeks and serious expression. It was the perfect moment, I couldn't let it go to waste.

-Tweek.

He frowned and questioned me with his eyes, urging me to go on with what I wanted to say. I couldn't turn back now. Even if he didn't love me, he had to know. I wanted him to know.

-You know what people say? That you can shake off your cold by spreading it to someone else.
-What are you t-

I moved my head closer to his and gave him a faint smile before placing my lips on his. My eyes closed, I placed my hand on his, remaining on his bed. I squeezed it and couldn't help smiling into our kiss. His lips were so warm, tasting like cookies. This kiss had nothing to do with the first one we had. My heart couldn't stop beating faster, faster and faster. It was as if an electric shock hit me the second my lips touched his.