I'm Always There For You

(Takes place after the movie.)

Ember just joined her boyfriend, Wade, by his side as they looked out on the side of the ship they were traveling on. They were both on their way the city where Ember was going to going to be an intern for a glassmaking company. Ember thanked Wade's mom, Brook, for calling her friend for this job for her. The best part, she had Wade. Ever since Ember confessed her love, saved Wade and kissed him, their relationship has been better than ever. They had more time for dating each other. Cinder was more supportive of their relationship, being the first one to sense their love for each other. Bernie, however, took a little longer to be more trustful of Wade, considering that he didn't trust water people.

Wade, being a city inspector and an expert on picking nice places that Ember would love, and that are suitable for her fire, picked out a nice apartment for that was affordable for both of them. They had each other to take care of, now.

Wade looked at Ember and he knew she looked a little down. He knows that because he light was dim. Her light dims when she's sad.

Wade: Are you okay?

Ember tried to put on a brave face.

Ember: I'm okay, Wade.

Wade tried to come up with a conversation starter to try and cheer up his girlfriend. He hated seeing her sad because it makes him cry.

Wade: Um, if you don't mind me asking, what was that thing you did back there with your dad before we left?

Ember's light brightened up a little. She actually loves teaching her boyfriend about her cultures from Fireland. He always loves to listen.

Ember: It's called the Baksou. The bow. When you leave your parents, the bow is a way of saying "thank you for taking care of me". When they bow back, it's way of saying "I give you my blessing and I wish you safety". My dad told me that his father didn't give him his blessing when him and Mom left their country. It burdened them. I just wanted to make sure that my dad gives us his blessing. I feel much better knowing that everything worked out and that Dad's going to be okay.

Wade: Do you miss them?

Ember looked at Wade. He looked worried.

Ember: A bit. It's still a bit much to wrap my head that I'm actually doing this. I'm leaving my parents and the only home I've ever known.

Wade: Are you going to be okay? I mean we can don't have to stay away for too long if you don't want.

Ember: No, it's okay, Wade. I really meant it when I said that I wanted to see the world with you, and have you with me in my life, forever.

Wade: I know, but I just want you to be happy.

Ember: I know, Wade, but you don't have to worry about me all the time. Because being here, looking out at the view with you, definitely beats the shop.

Wade still felt unsure if Ember was okay, but he just hoped she will feel better. He knew better than to push her.

Wade: Yeah, you're right. Just don't be afraid to talk to me if you're feeling sad. I'm always here for you.

Ember smiled at Wade.

Ember: Thanks, baby.

She kissed his cheek. That was all they needed for both of them to feel better.

Ember: What about you?

Wade: Well, even though they drive me crazy sometimes, I guess I do miss them. I do miss Dad the most, though.

He sounded somber at the last part.

Ember frowned. She remembered Wade telling her that his Dad died and it left a big hole in him.