Tired

(Before "Taking Care of the Baby". Got a request saying someone wanted Ember taking care of the baby, and I got an idea.)

Ember woke up in the morning. Her eyes fluttered and drifted to her husband. She smiled and went over to give him a good morning kiss on the cheek.

Ember: Good morning, handsome.

Wade stirred with a peaceful smile on his face. The sight made Ember giggle quietly.

She got up out of bed to go take care of the baby. She saw Misty up with those beautiful eyes that Ember loved to see ever since she was born.

Ember: Good morning, sweetie.

She picked her up out of her crib to take care of her.

After she finished, Wade walked in the room.

Wade: Hey, there you are.

Ember: Sorry, I had to take care of her.

Wade: You sure you can handle her and work at the same time?

Ember: Wade. This is your wife you're talking to. I got this.

Wade: Ok. Just holler at me if you need some help.

During work, Ember was busy drawing trying to come up with a good idea for a new art piece. Over the years of the business, most of her art pieces are inspired by special events with her parents and with Wade.

Misty started crying. Ember had to put her plans on hold to take care of her daughter. She had to feed her, change her diaper, pick up her toys, and give her attention.

It happened more than once and Ember was close to losing it. But she thought of Wade and it helped center her and find her happy place.

Later that night after work, Wade went up to see his wife and daughter. They were both asleep.

Wade thought it was adorable and went to put Misty in her bed. And he came back to sit with Ember. Ember woke up to see her husband.

Wade: Don't worry, I put Misty in her bed.

Ember smiled.

Wade: How'd it go?

Ember: Stressful. But I was able to pull through.

Wade: Ember, I know you don't like being told how to do things, but it's okay to ask for help. I mean, for your sake, and I don't like seeing you stressed out like this.

Ember smiled.

Ember: I know.

They nuzzled together, knowing they both got a bright future together.