Our Little Miracle

(Another inspiration from an artist. Also I'm doing this in honor of my niece  going to be born this November.)

Ember got some interesting news which when she went to the doctor. She just couldn't decide whether it was the happiest or whether it would be the biggest shock that's ever happened in her life. She didn't know what Wade would think. Either he'll be the happiest water guy alive or the news will probably scare him off.

"No!" she scolded herself.

"My Wade Ripple would never leave me! He loves me too much to leave me! He always comes back and he never leaves me!"

All that she knew was that this news was going their lives forever. She just hoped for the best.

Meanwhile

Wade: And over here is one of my personal favorites.

Wade demonstrated, to a large group of tourists at the art gallery, an interesting glass sculpture that was shaped like a wave on the water at the beach. It was even colored like the water.

Wade: We called it "High Tide". It was created to look exactly like a wave on the water. If you do look closely at this part of the piece, you will notice that whe created the color and the design to look exactly like sand.

"Incredible." an earth art critic said. "You are right. The work she did is outstanding."

Wade: Thank you. I'm glad you think so.

Years after Wade and Ember got married, they finally opened their art gallery and Ember's art, as well as Brook's and Harold's art, has been a big hit and made a fortune for all of them. She was even generous to give funds to her parents, and to charity. And Wade and Ember agreed to make him the to tour guide. It was what he wanted to do.

"I mean it. This piece is magnificent. I wondered if we can make a deal on this?"

Wade: Well, normally you have to take that up with my wife, but right now she's at the doctor and won't be back until...

Then, Ember came through the door.

Wade: Oh, Ember! There she is. Hi, honey!

Ember: Hey, sweetie.

They both hugged.

Ember: Hey, Wade, can we talk somewhere privately?

Wade: Hold on. We need to talk to this investor about this art piece?

Ember: Oh. (To investor) Well, I'd hate to keep you waiting but this is kind of important. But if you'd like to call me back later to discuss a price, here's my phone number.

She hands him the business card.

Investor: Uh, of course. Thank you, ma'am.

Ember: And thank you. You're patience is really appreciated.

Then they both left.

Wade: Uh, Alan could you take over the tour, please?

Then both went to their upstairs room at the top of the building.

Wade: Ok, so how'd it go at the doctor? It must be pretty important for us to put an investor on hold.

Ember: Wade, I promise you this is really important that I just can't wait to tell you.

Wade: Ok.

Ember: Can we sit down please?

Wade: Sure.

They both sat down on the bed. Ember started feeling nervous about what she was about to tell her husband.

Ember: Ok. Wade? I have some news that is going to change our lives forever as I know it.