Chapter 5

VEGAS told him that he's going to be away for a week but the days that gone are not countable with his two hands anymore. It's been 30 days but no face of Vegas came home. His secretary Marcus already here in the village to manage the company while his master is gone. Pete doesn't stop asking Marcus but the man keep his mouth shut.

His worries for Vegas turned into annoyance. After he found out that Vegas was shoot in his arm, he became restless. He always thought about his boyfriend's wellbeing. If Vegas was eating in right time or if Vegas already clean his wounds. He was very ecstatic when Marcus came home because he thought he's with Vegas but to his disappointment, Vegas didn't came home. Pete cried again in terrible feelings that he had. He felt Vegas forgot about him.

"Muse, your breakfast is ready" a soft and calm voice of Maru reached Pete's ears but he acts like he heard nothing. For a days he doesn't have a proper meal. And he cant even chew and digest his food properly. No one wants to disturb him yet they needed to make him eat and be active for a day.

"Just leave it there Maru, thank you" the guard sighed and slightly bow his head before leaving the muse alone. They are filled with sympathy towards Pete but they're not in the right place to give their opinions and it won't be necessary.

"Kant?" The tall boy with a dark hair who's known for his tattooed face. Take his strides to Pete and bow his head.

"Yes muse, is there anything I can help you?" It's been many days since they didn't witness their muse being alive and active. He's been wearing this lonely and cold aura.

"Did Vegas called?" Kant's heart tightened as he heard the desperation in Pete's voice. He's been taking care Pete for almost three years now and he respect him so much as his boss's boyfriend. Also Pete had a natural ability to make everyone whipped to him. Kant had been lying to him since the day their master Vegas got shot. They was not allowed to talk about it especially to their muse. And now that he's listening to Pete's hopeless question, he cannot stop himself to get hurt and his chest tightened. He knew that his master love Pete so much but sometimes he loathe his master for treating Pete cruelly.

"My apologies muse but master didn't contact us yet. We're going to inform you if his line is already reachable but for now we can't contact him" the same line and the same words. Pete thought Vegas is just fooling him. He's not stupid to believe that words. He knew that all of them know about Vegas whereabouts but Vegas shut them all. He hates it and he doesn't like it all. He felt betrayed and left.

"Kant take me somewhere please I don't want to stay here, this place is making me crazy just for a days Kant let me leave this house" the two guards who are standing at the edge of his bed looked at each others eyes and talked with their mind whether to give Pete what he's asking and to decline because their master would be angry at the idea.

Pete had his whole body covered with duvet and he's been friends with his his bed for many days now and he already felt his body sore for too much lying on the bed. Meanwhile Kant is hesitating but his care for their muse dominate. He ordered the three nannies to prepares Pete's things and he talked with Marcus about the plan. The assistant didn't agree at first but with some persuasion Marcus finally agreed and leave their Muse's safety to Kant.

After they left the mansion the six of them travelled from the city to the outskirts of the town in the Forest where a small but elegant nipa house is standing. Pete cannot hide his excitement and happiness. At least in this place his worried are fading. He gave thanks to his companions for making his request come true. The six just smile and bow at him because deep in their heart they are all guilty.

IN THE OTHER line Marcus heard a loud blast that made his heartbeat multiplied. He swallowed his saliva as his throat became dry. He made a mistake for letting the muse went outside the mansion which is Vegas first words before he leave that don't let Pete go out. Marcus is ready to receive the wrath of his master because he's feeling sad and worried for their Muse. He stayed silent and cold past few days but his heart was crumpled for Pete. He understood that his master just want Pete to be safe but not just Marcus but each of people in this village felt the same for Pete.

They pitied him.

Vegas was gone mad as he heard about Pete leaving his house. His neck and head are palpitating in too much anger. He wanted to throw a punch in Marcus's face if the assistant is in his front. He's been in a war for a month with this anonymous person who's been stealing their company's information and give it to the opponent. In just one month he lost a lot of transactions and deals because the deliveries are always sabotage. In too much rage he wanted to burn the whole world. He lost millions and millions in just 30 days. He won't stop until he will kill that bitch.

The main family extended their hands to help with the investigation but he declined because he want to owned that traitor's life alone. He will introduce him to Satan. His arm is now healed and he's back with his gun again. The major and minor family doesn't have issues about their powers and connections because in the end of the day the five clans have each others back. They valued privacy and decisions very much. They do not mind others business as long as this clan never asked for back up.

For a many generations, lot of people tried to cut off and destroy this legacy but no one had ever succeeded.

No one and no one will.

Ever since he introduced Pete in his world, his enemies became more and more brave because they thought they finally found out his weakness. However, they don't know that Vegas isn't weak with Pete.

He is the only one who knew, what is Pete to him.

Not a weakness but not a strength too.

🌱L.N.B