Chapter 15

Marcus opened the window in his master's office to let the fresh air in. Looking at his master who is busy with the papers that he need to sign. He can say that Vegas is stress because of his wrinkled forehead, his eyebrows are now become bridge, it's either because of the pile of documents or because his wife is not here. Surely, it is the latter.

Marcus swore his life to be in line to die first before his master. His family came from a noble family but he is being honor to be the chosen butler of this master. He knew Vegas since they were young and they grew up together, he witness his master's love and devotion when it comes to his people and to his muse. He treasure them so much, that he can tolerate all the negative opinions thrown towards him. He can die for his people and can burn the whole world for his muse.

Vegas was known for his cruelty in business and for being ruthless to those who blocked his way, but behind that stern and fierce aura. He is like a lion cub, grew up brave but still seeking for his parent's love or someone's love.

As his butler, Marcus will make sure of his master's happiness that's why he will do anything for the Muse to stay safe, because if Pete is okay that means his master's sanity is intact.

Unlike others comment that Vegas is cold and cruel, Marcus is one of the few people that really knew who is this upstanding man.

He is a human. He is needing love, seeking for company, longing for parent's warm, hoping for acceptance.

He is like a turtle that is hiding in his hard shell because that shell is his mask, but his real self is laying soft inside.

When Marcus oath to be a faithful butler of Vegas, he left his personal desires and interest behind. Eventhough his master doesn't required him to do such thing but he is willing to lay his life for him.

"Master the muse and company were already arrived at the island" he said while arranging the papers in the table.

"That's good to hear, tell me if my wife call, I'll just finish this papers" the master command without lifting his head from the documents eager to finish it early.

"Understood master, I'll get going"

Marcus bowed his head and headed to the door.

"Marcus!" His steps were halted.

"Yes master Vegas?"

He waited for his boss to talk, waiting for his commands or instructions, but to Marcus' surprise, the master handed him a photos.

What really shocked him is that, in the picture it contain his face.

Clearly it is him.

He can recognized himself, of course.

Photos of him and that man.

For the first time again, Marcus felt nervous. His hands are trembling and his knees are about to give up. He is a mighty butler who can fight with his fist or with gun but right now he feels like a weakling.

"Y-oung Master, I ca-"

Before he can finish his words, the Master gestured his hand to make him stop.

"Marcus, no need to explain to me. I may be your boss but your personal life is yours. I just showed that pictures to tell you that you don't have to hide"

"You've been with me in my good and bad days, I accept the whole you, Marcus"

Vegas walked to his butler  that is standing in the middle of his office, tense and unable to move. He tapped his shoulder to say everything is okay.