:Ch 31: ⏳

We were at the police station. Me and angel were sat in a room with just a table and couple of chairs.

It was silent.

It felt awkward and weird, unsure if to make conversation or not due to the silence and situation. I glanced at him and saw he seemed calm, unbothered.

'..friend..'

I looked back at the table and took in a deep breath.

"Were you guys being honest..?" I asked sheepishly

"Hm?" Angel hummed as if he rejoined reality

I didn't want to repeat myself due to sounding like an idiot. I sighed a bit and crossed my arms as if to hug myself.

"Were you guys..being honest.." I asked again

"About what?" Angel veered, facing me

I had his full attention now and it felt strange.

"Y/N if you don't feel like talking then thats okay-"

"About being friends!" I answered, adding softly," since..freshman year an all.."

Angel laughed.

He laughed like he always did as I stared at him with uncertainty and confusion.

He sighed happily and then looked at me with a bright smile.

"I know you're the cool upperclassman with no friends in her grade, but you really did have me, Cameron and stupid." Angel smiled," I thought you knew that?"

I was unsure what to say or reply with as he seemed genuine about his answer.

"Like with what happened with Katrina last year!" Angel added," we were the first to back you up and defend you, to stop her friends from trying to hurt you- harass you really- we have photos together and in your locker stupid!"

The realization hit me as tears slowly filled my eyes and I was embarrassed.

"If that doesn't mean we're friends then damn, I don't know what we are." Angel teased

He soon froze a bit as his cheeks turned a bit pink.

"We're friends and you shouldn't forget that we are for a second!" Angel continued as he rubbed his face a bit

I felt bad that I didn't consider them friends but thankfully I now know before I regretted it. Who knows how I could've been if I didn't know and they were suddenly gone.

I should be grateful to have them.

"Thanks angel.." I said softly

"Of course..!" Angel replied," but I have a question."

I gave him a curious stare as he gave me a soft, concerned expression.

"How did you hide it?" Angel asked

That caught me off guard as he still looked at me concerned.

"I would've helped you in a heart beat.." Angel said softly

I stared at him a bit puzzled till the door opened. We both looked and were met with a serious looking officer.

He came in without a word as the door closed.

"I'll get to the point." He stated," I want an explanation of the situation and what your family situation is like."

Angel explained what happened, our walk after school and how the interaction with my father went.