seven - otis

Wednesday, July 3, 1985

The elevator was filled with screaming children and teenagers, and you were one of them. Had everyone kept relatively calm in this dangerous situation, you might have stayed silent, but seeing everyone being so loud made you want to match their energy and yell back.

"Shit!" Dustin was shouting. "Shit! Shit!"

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve wailed, grabbing onto the table for support.

"No shit, Harrington!" Robin answers.

"Why don't these buttons work!" Dustin tries to push them again, but you doubt it will work.

"Press the button!" Erica insists.

"What do you think I'm doing?"

"Come on, do something! Just press the button!" Steve yells.

You just grab onto the table leg for dear life, having slid down to the floor and letting out strangled screams.

Your head hits the corner of the table as the room suddenly comes to a stop, unbalancing everyone and sending boxes crashing everywhere. You grab your throbbing temple, trying to soothe the pain and make your vision less blurry, before you realize this was caused by tears and let some fall freely on your cheeks. You quickly wipe them off, and struggle to stand back up, only to find everyone on the ground and Steve buried under several boxes. You sit back down.

"My groin!" Steve judges pertinent to inform you. "It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off of me!"

Dustin manages to pick the box up and place it back on the table as Steve whines that he can't move.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin kindly asks.

"Yeah, I'm great now that I know Russians can't design elevators!" Steve yells back, trying to push the buttons once again.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work."

"They're buttons. They have to do something."

"Yeah, if we had a keycard."

"A what?"

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading lock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning-"

"We're stuck in here," Dustin interrupts their fighting with more complaining.

"Yeah."

"Just so you nerds are aware," Erica says, "I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow, and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat."

"I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's party!" Steve hits one of the boxes in frustration. "Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!"

"Oh," Robin suddenly says, catching your attention, but she's already looking at you with wide eyes. "Oh, shit. (Y/n), are you okay?"

You point to yourself, confused, as Dustin gasps. Only then do you notice the blood on your finger and let out a small 'oh'. Seconds later, Steve is kneeling at your side and examining your forehead as if he were a pro nurse.

"She's bleeding! She's bleeding! (Y/n), are you with me?"

"Yeah."

"Is she going to die?" Erica asks.

"Not counting on it," you shrug.

"She doesn't look too fazed," Robin observes.

"(Y/n)?" Dustin crouches in front of you and snaps his fingers in your face. "(Y/n), hey. How are you feeling?"