eleven - my little pony

Wednesday, July 3, 1985

"He's here," Will says, hand still clasped around his neck.

"He knows we want to use Mrs. Driscoll to find him," Mike concludes.

"We need to find Jonathan and Nancy," Kazuo decides, and they all start walking to the elevator the two adults had taken way too long ago.

"Hey, hey, hey!" The lady behind the counter say as they walk by. "Two at a time!"

"Sorry!" Kazuo exclaims as he pushes the others forward to keep them from slowing down. "We just really miss grandma!"

They don't hear what she says next, but she doesn't seem to try and run after them, as the time they spend repetitively pressing the elevator button and waiting for it not to arrive would have been far enough to catch up to them.

"Stairs," Mike says after Lucas presses in the button for the hundredth time in the last second. The flickering of the lights had reached a new pace, and Kazuo regretted he had left his sunglasses in his car, which was still parked in front of your house. He really should have taken them.

He really should focus on the situation at hand.

Running up the stairs to the floor they thought Mrs. Driscoll was at, he couldn't have guessed what he was about to witness. But when they emerge from the staircase to find three battered nurses and patient corpses in the corridor, Kazuo has to take a deep breath as he realizes in how great of a danger Nancy and Jonathan were, danger in which they were about to step.

The Mind Flayer had killed every person on this floor.

No, not everyone. As the group stops to look at the three bodies, panting and wondering which direction to take, a faint scream reaches their ears.

"Nancy!"

"Jonathan," Will lets out, exchanging a worried gaze with Mike.

"This way," the boy answers and hurries through the maze of corridors. They enter a construction site. The hospital was undergoing some renovations, and whether it was because of the Mind Flayer or the unfinished electric system, the lights were going off like paparazzi flashes.

Follow the screams. Something Kazuo would never have done if they didn't belong to a terrified Nancy and a desperate Jonathan. As they grew louder, closer, he couldn't help but feel like running away from this place and going back home to his bed. He would curl up under the sheets and act like nothing was wrong, just like he used to do when he was a child and heard his parents arguing downstairs. The world would end while he peacefully slept away the knowledge that he left his friends to fight on their own.

He cursed under his breath as he took the next step, convincing himself his morals were stronger than fear.

They turned right. There he was; Jonathan, trying to force open a door with an oxygen cylinder. It wouldn't open, no matter how hard he'd hit. Nancy was stuck inside with the Mind Flayer, or whatever threat had decimated the whole floor.

"Move," Eleven says, and Jonathan stumbles out of the way. With a flick of the head, the door comes off its hinges and is sent flying into the opposite wall of the room Nancy was trapped in.

An inhuman shriek escapes the creature's mouth. What had previously been hovering over Nancy was composed of flesh and organs and shaped like a huge spider, with several limbs and a huge mouth full of sharp teeth that reminded Kazuo of Demodogs. And it was staring right at them.

"Jesus," Mike gasps.

"What the f-" Max says.

"AaaAaAaaH!?" Kazuo shouts as the creature lunges towards them, or more precisely Eleven who was standing at the front.