[6] I trust you

Akk felt relieved, having at least one thing kind of settled now, and opened the door to his apartment. After the meeting Akk went to get some snacks for him and Ayan. Across from his apartment was a small grocery store which was 24/7 opened so it didn't take him long to get back.

Akk entered his apartment and went to his kitchen where he saw Ayan already sitting at the table and eating the food Akk had prepared for him. Ayan was still looking kind of weak but at least a little bit more calmed down. He didn't look up to Akk when he heard him entering.

"You're already awake. How are you feeling?" Akk put the snacks he had bought into the drawers.

"Better." Ayan mumbled quietly but avoided Akk's gaze. He kept starring into his bowl as if he suddenly had found something very interesting.

Akk didn't know if Ayan was still scared of him so he just let him eat in peace and began to do the dishes. As soon as he turned away from Ayan he felt him intensely starring at his back which made him nervous.

"Thanks for helping me yesterday" Akk suddenly heard Ayan whispering behind him. It was so quiet, Akk almost didn't catch it. But hearing Ayan thanking him made Akk happy because it seemed that Ayan was now understanding that he wasn't dangerous and trusting him.

Akk turned around, now facing back to Ayan, and smiled brightly. He wanted to say something back but Ayan avoided his gaze as he was starring into his bowl again.

"I still can't remember what happened yesterday. But I trust you for now. Well... I kind of don't have another choice." Ayan explained and pointed at his injured leg. Akk nodded.

"Ok, I'm going to take care of you so you can recover quickly. I think you don't want to stay here longer than you need to. So please just rest." Ayan was startled by Akk's eager efforts to take care of him. Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all...

"Why do you want to help me so much?" Ayan asked but Akk pretended he didn't hear anything and turned around again to finish the dishes.

"Can I have at least your name?" Ayan didn't give up so easily.

"You can call me Akk." Akk replied shortly without turning around.

-

Akk. The name felt familiar. Like Ayan had heard it before. Ayan was sure that he had heard this name from somewhere although he had never met this person before.

But Akk actually seemed familiar. Everything about Akk reminded Ayan of someone he had been very close with in the past. His gentle aura. His behaviour. His outgoing attitude. How he talks with his facial expressions. How he takes care of everything.

It was like Ayan was talking to an old friend who he hadn't seen for a long time. And although Ayan didn't know why and didn't want to admit it he kind of felt safe with Akk. After everything Akk had done for him even though Ayan was a just random stranger. And even though Akk didn't tell him his intentions why he was helping him, Ayan sincerely trusted Akk as if he was one of his members.

Ayan suddenly realised that the others didn't know where he was now. Ayan had to inform them that he was alright before they went crazy with worry. He tried to reach for his phone when he realised that it wasn't with him.

"Can I have my phone back? I have to let the others know that I'm fine." Akk who was done with the dishes and wanted to sit down hesitated shortly but then nodded.

"Yes, of course...it's still in your bag. Wait, I'll get it for you." Akk left the room and shortly after came back with Ayan's phone and handed it to him.

"But...could you please don't tell them my location?...I don't want to get beaten up by them." Akk said, slightly intimidated.

Ayan laughed quietly at this statement. Akk didn't seem like someone who was easy to beat in a fight. "Don't worry, I won't. I don't even know where I am. So even if I want to I couldn't...except you would tell me." Ayan smirked at Akk.

Akk was perplexed. He totally forgot that Ayan didn't know his address.

"Well, if you want to know, it's xxxxxxstreet 3, fourth floor. The name is Pipitphattana." Akk listed without thinking too much.

Now Ayan was the perplexed one. What the hell was wrong with this guy? Did he trust him so much to give out his full address and name? Ayan looked at Akk in disbelief.

Akk who just now realised what he had done started to panic. "Wait, no it's not...I was lying...The name is wrong, too...Please, don't tell your friends." Akk begged Ayan desperately.

Suddenly Akk sighed, face palming himself. "Urgh...well done Akk...Why are you always talking without thinking, the moment you let your guard down?...You're being pathetic..You don't even know this boy and he surely doesn't trust you...Now his whole gang will come to your apartment and beat you up... You deserve this after being so stupid."

Akk was scolding himself as if Ayan wasn't present while Ayan was watching him carefully, not really understanding what was happening right now. He didn't dare to interfere this strange event.

When Akk realised that he wasn't alone and that the person he was with was still starring at him, his mind blacked out completely. To avoid a confrontation he just slammed his head on the table which startled Ayan even more as the sound of hitting the table was quite loud.

"What are you doing?" After some few awkward moments in which nobody had said something, Ayan finally dared to ask.

Akk answered, but since his head was still on the table and he didn't dare to raise his head and look up to see Ayan's creeped out face, he was mumbling very inaudibly.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Ayan asked, seemingly amused. He was enjoying the whole show with Akk acting like an idiot and being embarrassed. It was a whole different side of him that Ayan never thought he would see. He looked kinda cute. Ayan thought to himself and started to laugh.

Hearing Ayan laugh, Akk slowly looked up. Until now, he hadn't seen Ayan laughing so wholeheartedly. It was really nice seeing him enjoying Akk's company so much after everything that had happened before and Akk was happy that Ayan's mood was improving. He wanted to see more of that that friendly side of him.

"Why are you laughing at me?" He sulked, acting offended.

"Why did you slam your head on the the table so loud?" Ayan asked back, still laughing.

"Because I'm embarrassed." Akk explained himself. His face was completely red.

"Yeah, I would be, too, if I was acting like an idiot in front of someone." Ayan insulted him sarcastically.

"Did you just call me an idiot?" Akk asked, playing along.

"No, but if that's how you interpret it, then you might actually be one."

"I'm not an idiot! You're the one for getting yourself beaten up by the police."

"No, you're the idiot for knocking off the policemen to help someone you've never met before. You know, they will definitely put you in jail if they're gonna find out." Akk didn't know what to say. He was too perplexed to think straight anymore.

"W-well...at least, I don't look like I'm going to die anytime soon."

"Better to look dead than to look like an idiot. Not gonna lie." Ayan countered back.

It went on like this for several minutes until they couldn't stop laughing while joking around and insulting each other. They had so much fun. For a short moment they didn't have to worry about anything and were just enjoying each other's company.