[16] Game night

"Hey! Akk!" Out of nowhere, Khan and Wat appeared behind Akk who was doing his regular after-school patrol. They were sweating and gasping for air as if they had run across the whole school building to find Akk. They barely managed to break the news they had just found out to him.

"Do you know that new guy in our class? The short guy? Um...I think his name was Ayan?" Hearing all of the sudden Ayan's name, Akk's heart stopped beating for a second. The feeling of guilt came back as he remembered yesterday's fight.

"Yeah...What about him?" Akk asked, trying not to sound too curious. But honestly he was still worried about Ayan and trying to find a way to make it up to him.

"We heard that he got an invitation from 'the god's hand'." Akk froze. He got now even more worried.

"Man, we've been at this school for years and not one of us has gotten any invite. And now this midget shows up and he gets one right away." Wat complained. "What's so special about him anyways?"

Akk was too stunned by the news to say anything. Ayan was now in great danger. If he joined them, there would be no way out for him. Everyone knew. Akk had to stop Ayan from joining.

"Khan, Wat, tell me everything you know about it..."

-

It was a Saturday night when Ayan had to meet 'the god's hand'. Ayan was really nervous. One wrong step and everything was in vain.

When he almost arrived at school, it was already dark and Ayan felt a cool breeze blow gently through his hair. He smoked one last cigarette to calm himself down and went on.

Ayan arrived 15 minutes early. He had guessed it would take longer because he had thought the school was strictly guarded. But there was only a guard at the gate and the janitor who patrolled the school building. And it was easy to sneak pass them by without getting noticed.

Ayan was waiting for the others to arrive when he suddenly heard something near him. But before he could even turn around, Ayan felt several people grab him from behind. He couldn't see their faces but he could guess who they belonged to. He tried to resist, but there were too many. Then they put something over his mouth and Ayan felt himself suddenly getting tired.

He realised with horror that it was some kind of sleeping drug and panicked. He tried desperately to get rid of them, but one of them punched Ayan hard in the stomach, causing him to writhe in pain. And then Ayan passed out because of the effect of the sleeping drug.

-

Ayan was violently awakened by someone shaking him. But he didn't open his eyes immediately as his head was pounding painfully. Whaaaaamm!!! Someone had slapped Ayan in the face to wake him up. He felt a painful sting in his face and got up startled.

Ayan looked around. He was lying in an unfamiliar, almost dark room. The only source of light was a small flickering lamp above him. Ayan couldn't really see clearly and had to get used to the gloomy atmosphere. But he could feel that he was not alone.

"You're finally awake. Now we can begin." Ayan heard a disguised voice behind him. Then the lights went out and Ayan found himself in complete darkness. He was grabbed from behind again, but this time he didn't fight back. He was too weak and couldn't think clearly.

Ayan was seated on a chair and then candles were lit simultaneously in each corner, revealing a long table in front of Ayan. In every corner was standing one person with a white mask covering their entire face. Only two holes for the eyes could be seen.

On the other side of the table was someone also with a mask but unlike the others it was half white and half black. He was probably someone above the rest. Maybe even the one behind it all. Ayan was now fully awake.