[2] Memories

Ayan was woken up by a familiar voice. He groaned. His head still hurt but atleast the dizziness had disappeared. He slowly opened his eyes and was startled as he looked directly into a pair of big brown eyes, which was staring at him curiously. Ayan immediately sat up straight. The pair of eyes belonged to a boy, who was bending over him, looking worried.

Ayan was scanning the boy. The boy seemed to be the same age as Ayan. His dark brown hair was quite messy and was falling in his friendly and innocent looking face. But under his sparkling round eyes were dark eye bags on his slightly pale face, seeming that the boy didn't get enough sleep. Ayan could see that under the grey oversized hoodie, the tall boy was wearing, he had a slender statue and broad shoulders and assumed that the boy maybe did some kind of martial arts.

"Finally you have woken up. I thought you were dead!" The boy said relieved and got up, leaving the room and closing the door behind him. It seemed to be noon. The sun was shining brightly through the window directly into Ayan's face. Too bright. Ayan thought and closed his eyes. His whole body was sore and he felt his head aching again.

Suddenly he stood up again. Where was he? What happened yesterday? Ayan couldn't remember. It's like his brain shut down last night. The last thing he could remember was that he wanted to meet his gang at night to finish another painting. After that everything was black as he tried to remember. He looked around him. The room felt unfamiliar. Ayan was laying in a twin sized bed. He slowly got up when he felt a painful sting in his left leg. He limbed carefully around the room and looked in the mirror that was in front of the bed.

Ayan almost didn't recognise himself. The boy who was naturally bit tanned was now sickly pale and his black hair was messed up under the bandage which was neatly wrapped around his head. His dark eyes were slightly red and swollen as if he had just cried all night. Ayan was shocked at his sight. He seemed to be more unhealthily thin. The kind of too big blue pyjamas he was wearing didn't help his looks. And he was covered in bruises and small cuts and had a another bandage around his leg. What happened to him?

Ayan looked away and began searching for clues about his whereabouts. On the right side of the bed was a closet with some clothes in it. Ayan found a pair of grey sweatpants and a black T-shirt, which he then put on.

Next to the closet was a desk with unfinished schoolwork and some drawings, which were roughly sketched. Ayan, who was known for his obsession with art, looked at the sketches and was impressed of how detailed they were drawn.

He turned around and walked to the other side of the room where the sun was still shining through the windows. Ayan wanted to open them to get some fresh air because the room got really stuffy. As he opened one of the windows a sudden thought came to his mind. Did he got kidnapped? Who was that boy? Did he kidnap him into his house?

Thousand of questions were running through his mind. Why would he kidnap him? And how did he manage to do so? Although Ayan didn't look like the strongest fighter he had one practical speciality. His running. And he was really good at defending himself too as he had been taught by the ex gang leader. So how did he end up in this place, not remembering anything from the night before?

All of the sudden Ayan felt like the room got brighter, blinding him, and was shrinking rapidly. But everything else around him got bigger, encircling and trapping him. Ayan was pushed into a corner. He felt helpless. Everything around him was so threatening Ayan didn't dare to move. A buzzing noise from outside the window became louder and louder. It was unbearable. Ayan couldn't breath properly. He started trembling. He closed his eyes and put his hands over his ears, hoping that this nightmare would stop soon. But it didn't. Ayan began to panic and desperately tried to find a way to escape. He wanted to get out of this room. He wanted to leave. He wanted to go home. While looking for an exit his eyes suddenly stopped at the open window.

Without much thought he limped as fast as he could to the window. He tried to climb over it, which was quite difficult with his injured leg, when he heard the door behind him open and and a glass getting dropped on the floor. Ayan turned around and saw a glass of water spilled on the floor. The boy from before was standing in the door frame, looking at him terrified. He got caught!

"Stop! What are you doing?" The boy yelled horrified.

Ayan got frightened. He attempted one more time to climb over the window when suddenly the boy pulled him from behind, making him fall onto the floor. Ayan cried out in pain as he landed on his injured leg. He tried to stand up again but his leg was numb. He couldn't move. His vision became blurry. He felt someone bending over him to check up on him. Ayan felt the deep breaths on his neck and it made him shiver. He was too close! He tried to push the person off him but they didn't move an inch. The person was still making sure that Ayan didn't get more injured after the fall. Ayan tried to get the boy off him again but he was much stronger than Ayan, still pinning him to the ground.

Then there was this uneasy feeling again. Someone on top of him holding him down. Feeling trapped and helpless. Ayan knew this uncomfortable feeling way too well from the past. Nooooo!!! Ayan didn't want to think about it. He began to panic, screaming to make it stop.

The boy quickly got off him, afraid that he had might hurt him by accident. He saw the smaller boy was shaking violently and tried to calm him down. But when he made a step forward the other boy flinched visibly and crawled to the nearest corner, leaving a big gap between them, implying not to touch him. The boy understandably backed off.

Ayan leaned his forehead against the corner concentrating on his breath. But he was so fucking scared. He felt the cold sweat on his forehead. His heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was about to burst, and he couldn't stop shaking. All these past memories Ayan had tried to suppress for years came up again, drowning him slowly. No, he didn't want to remember those things. Make it stop! The pictures in his head were now haunting him. Ayan feared for his life. Tears were running down his face quietly as he tried not to make a sound.