[15] The god's hand

Akk woke up with a heavy headache. After all the crying he eventually had to pass out from exhaustion. His whole body was aching. As he slowly opened his eyes he realised that he was still lying on the floor in front of his door where he had passed out before. How long was he gone?

Akk slowly regained consciousness. His head was still throbbing and he felt like throwing up. Trying not to fall, he got up and looked around. On the floor, Akk discovered an envelope containing something. This was not here before he had passed out. He picked it up and opened it. Inside were banknotes. And a lot. Akk counted at least 10.000 baht. He was stunned. Who would give him that much money and why?

Akk then found a small letter behind the money. He opened it and began to read it.

Thank you for everything you have done for me. I hope this is enough to cover the cost of taking care of me.
See you.
Aye :)

The letter was only two lines long but it was like a slap in his face, reading it. Akk felt even worse as he realised that Ayan probably only wanted to talk to thank him, and in return, Akk pushed him away and even slandered him until he broke down. Akk couldn't imagine how Ayan must be feeling.

He immediately wanted to run up to Ayan and apologise but he knew that it was too late now. Akk could feel nothing but hatred for himself. Everything was his fault. He had destroyed everything. He had lost Ayan.

-

The next day, Ayan went to school as usual, pretending that yesterday's events hadn't affected him at all. He managed to convince himself that the fight with Akk was just another rumor made up by the other students.

And it worked. Ayan managed to keep an neutral expression on his face as he walked down the school hallways to get to his locker,which made the other students dislike him even more. They didn't understand how Ayan always seemed so unbothered about the rumours.

Ayan could see something red sticking out of his locker from afar. He pulled it out. It was a fancy red envelope with his name written on it in gold letters. It looked mysterious and old-fashioned. Ayan found it strange. Who would give him such a letter and why? He opened it and it turned out to be something of an invitation.

Welcome Ayan,
We have decided to accept you in our group.
But before you can join us, we need to make sure that you can be entirely trusted.
Meet us tomorrow at 12am behind the school gym. There you will then be escorted to our hideout for more information. Be prepared and don't bring anyone with you. 
We hope to have a good cooperation.
-The god's hand

Ayan read it more often and every time his smile grew. Finally. Of course Ayan had heard about this mysterious gang even before he was transferred here. This was another rumor about this famous school that he had known before, but it wasn't until his transfer that Ayan had found out that it was called 'The god's hand'.

'The god's hand' was an undercover gang that everyone at school knew about. The group was working throughout the school and known for getting you everything you wanted for school. The group could get you cheat sheets for an upcoming exam. Or money. You could get someone you didn't like become a target for bullies. You could even work there and be part of it.

This group is the reason why Suppalo had such a high reputation. Everything about Suppalo was a scam as everyone just cheated their way through school but nobody knew who was behind of all that. Many suspected that some teachers were probably involved too to make this work out and keep it covered. But mostly the students did the work among themselves.

But to get in you, first had to get an invitation to a meeting where they decided if you were good enough to join them. But you could also get by a friend's request who was already part of it. There you could decide if you just wanted the benefits from them or be part of it. At least half of the students belonged to this suspicious group.

And now Ayan got an invitation too. Finally. Ayan had been waiting for it since his first day. Before he had been transferred here, he found out that his uncle had to something to do with this gang after finding a letter with the same name as this gang in his office at their house.

Ayan wanted to find out more about his uncle and Yok, who Ayan now suspected was also involved in the gang while doing his internship here. He wanted to expose the whole school and ruin its reputation, which was just a scam built by students and teachers. He wanted the other students to get their deserved karma for hurting him. He wanted them all to suffer as he had suffered at their hands. Only then would Ayan be satisfied.

But Ayan was also nervous. If they found out what he was up to behind their backs, Ayan would be in big trouble.

The god's hand was known for being really severe and brutal when they felt threatened by anyone. If they suspected someone to betray them, they would make them disappear as if they had never existed before. It didn't happen often, but in the end no one knew what happened to those.

But Ayan had to risk it. He had nothing to loose.

Author's note:
I think I'll skip the chapter with Ayan and his gang do their mission because it kind of doesn't fit with the progression of the story anymore. But the gang is still relevant later in the story.
And thank you for still reading my story and voting each chapter. I really appreciate it.