[10] First day of school

Ayan was waken up by his alarm ringing. Annoyed, he turned it off and slowly got up. Ayan was still tired because he couldn't sleep all night even though he took his medications. He was already really nervous about his first day at his new school and his sleepiness didn't make things better. He also felt kind of lost in his life now since he left Akk.

It was only a few days since the last time Ayan had seen Akk but he really missed him. Ayan didn't know when or if he would ever see Akk again but he hoped that someday, after he got his life together, he would meet Akk again and maybe become friends with him.

Still dreamy, Ayan got off his bed and got ready for school. He wore his favourite hoodie, given by a friend, over his uniform for more comfort and put his earphones in his ears. After drinking two cups of coffee and taking his medications, Ayan then set off for school.

-

Akk was doing his regular patrol around the school when he was suddenly attacked from behind.

"Akk, my friend! How are you? Did you miss us?" Khan shouted and jumped on his friend. Wat put his arm around Akk, putting him in a headlock and messing up his hair. They didn't give Akk the slightest chance to escape.

"Guys, get off me! Or do you have a death wish?" Akk tried to yell through the scuffle. He barely managed to stand on his feet while his friends were suffocating him.

"Guys!" Akk then laughed, trying to get his friends off him. Although Akk was a well liked and respected student Khan and Wat were his only friends at school. It took them a while to get close to Akk as he had only been transferred here last year. At first he was quite closed off to himself and didn't really like talking to others. But with a lot of effort and patience they slowly managed to befriend him.

"Just confess that you missed us!" Khan said, making kiss faces.

"Miss you? I just saw you yesterday! Guys...Get the fuck off me!" Akk tried to punch Khan.

"Did the school prefect just curse? Did I hear that right?" Khan smirked mischievously. "Wat, I think we need to report that to the other prefects!" And with that he and Wat ran away, leaving Akk dumbfounded. Then Akk ran after them, trying to hit both of them.

He caught up with them near the school gates where some students where entering the school as class would start soon. Akk immediately stopped as he suddenly heard panicked screams behind him. He turned around and was horrified to see the janitor's van drive fast through the school yard, nearly hitting students who were trying to dodge it.

The van finally came to a stop when it hit the fences, set up around the school, and Akk immediately ran over there to check if someone was still in the vehicle. But Akk soon noticed that nobody was on the driver's seat. Confused he checked up the whole vehicle when people started gathering around him to see what was happening. Akk then got out of the vehicle when Khan and Wat arrived to him.

"Ey Khan! Ey Wat! Did you see someone in the van before I got here?" They both shook their heads. Strange. Akk thought and tried to gather his thoughts. But nothing made sense. How could there be no driver? Someone had to be in there. Unless...

"Hey, Akk. That guy over there looks suspicious, don't you think so? He isn't even wearing his school uniform." Wat pointed at someone who was standing near the entrance, watching everything from a safe distance.

Akk turned around to see who Wat was referring to and looked straight into a familiar face. Akk froze when he realised it was Ayan standing near the entrance, staring directly at him.

-

Ayan finally arrived at his new school. Suppalo. Of course Ayan had heard about this school. He knew all about it and the more he had researched how this school worked, the more suspicious he became. There was a subconscious sense of fear that Ayan couldn't get rid of.

Suppalo was one of the top schools in Thailand. This school had one of the most remarkable reputation of having some of the best students and teachers. Even some well known celebrities had attended this school. It was known for making the children there more disciplined and giving them the best chances for future careers. However, since the school was limited, everyone had to participate in a test and only the best of the best were selected. And you also had to pay a lot of tuition to get in. So you had to be either rich or smart enough to get a scholarship. And if you got in then you would realised that no one was allowed to enter the school except the students and teachers. Not even the students' parents. The school gates would be closed at the start of school and only be opened after the end of the lesson. So nobody outside knew what was really happening behind the school gates...

Ayan hated this school. Everything about it reminded him of his uncle and Ayan felt himself getting sick when he thought about him.

He never wanted to go to this school, but his mother insisted with the reason that he not even have to take the exam because his uncle had been a teacher there and it was the best for his future. But Ayan's mother knew nothing about his uncle and what he had done in this school. Or to him...

As Ayan was about to enter the school gates when students started running out of the school in panic. Ayan immediately took a step back to get a better look when he suddenly heard a loud thud.

Ayan carefully approached to see what was happening and in front of him was a horrifying sight. A van had crashed into the school gate and some students were gathering to help other students that had gotten injured. The van was now in pretty damaged condition but the fences were still intact. Ayan looked around but stopped when he suddenly saw a tall figure running towards the van and he recognised that it was Akk. And he was now looking directly at him.

-

All of the sudden Akk felt like everything around them was in slow motion as if time had stopped. There were only him and Ayan in that exact moment.

Without thinking too much he told Khan and Wat to inform the other prefects (Khan and Wat are normal students in this story) to handle this situation and started to chase after Ayan.

To Akk's surprise, Ayan started running as well. Apparently from him. And he was fast. Akk barely managed to keep up with him and even lost him twice. But Akk didn't give up. He wanted to make sure that it was really Ayan and not a made-up fantasy of his. And honestly, Akk had missed Ayan quite a bit since he left.

-

Ayan didn't know why he ran away from Akk. Maybe it was because he didn't expect the first person he would see to be Akk. And the surprising reunion was now overwhelming him.

And now he was running from someone who had helped him and stayed with him when he was injured and unable to take care of himself. Ayan didn't know what to do because he quite felt sorry for Akk. But he couldn't just stop now.

As he seemingly managed to escape from Akk, Ayan decided to take a break in one of the school halls to catch his breath. He was finally alone. Relieved, he began to make his way to the classroom because class would already start in five minutes and he didn't want to be late on his first day when suddenly Ayan felt someone grabbing him by his hood.

What a nice first day. Ayan thought to himself as he was getting shoved into an empty storage room.