01

All you have
____________________________________

Most things for rich people come easy since they always have brand deals and money but it's different when your in poverty. Moving to any place that's affordable, living in motels, and taking extra shifts and jobs just so you can have something to eat. I hate hearing people who have it easy complain about their brand deals not going through or the fact that there parents don't let them waste 16,000 dollars on shoes when they have shoes that is about the same cost of any apartment in New York. When you live in the poor side of New York you get used to the people who complain that they couldn't sleep due to the fact they always have to provide for their family and parents, you get used to the poverty, and you get used to the rude people and the nasty neighborhoods with litter covering half the block even the trucks that collect trash rarely go there due to the stench. Even reporters and wealthy people laugh due to the "disgusting nature of our town" and instead of helping us they laugh at us and do nothing to help us. The government " donates" to us to show the media that they " care" but they don't donate because they want to but because they need to.

I walked the streets of this lovely neighborhood that I have lived in since I was an orphan I reached inside of the coffee shop that I work in I stepped one foot inside and I already saw the manager call for me "Ty" " can you please mop the floor a customer accidentally fell asleep on their coffee and spilt it now the floor is all sticky" he said with pleading eyes I just nodded my head to tired to even say a word because I arrived late at home due to my other job. I went to the back to pick up the mop and saw my co- workers all have dark circles around there eyes, hopefully on day this little town will prosper and we won't have to live like this anymore. I took the mop with me to the table and started mopping and spraying a spray so the floor doesn't end up being sticky after I was done I noticed my co-worker signaling me to go over to them " hey what do you need?" I asked in confusion " I'll tell you after you put that Mop in the back" " ok" I groaned I went to the back and placed the mop where I found it until I noticed that the supplies were running low I looked around and noticed a letter was written saying "'this will last about a month after that you must close this business down"'signed Vic, Vic was our supplier whenever we were running low on supplies but now we might never have supplies again and this business will shut down. Sadness and anger filled my eyes because I had started this job since I was 15 and the manager didn't even tell any of us that we will lose our jobs in a month and for some this job is the only supply of income they have left, I went over to my co-worker and noticed a bright smile on her face it didn't look like she knew that we all were going to lose our job in a month since this job is her life and without this job she will become homeless and it hurt me to realize my friend, my co-worker, and basically my family will have to live off the streets just because our manager didn't have the balls to tell us we were going to lose our jobs "we are running low on strawberry shortcake's can you make them your special way?" She said with a smile and a wink I smiled back even if she was exhausted she would always make you smile with her smile " of course Lilly I'll be right on it" I said putting on my apron and getting the supplies I need to make the strawberry shortcake's I chose not to tell the manager right away that I found out about us going out of business because I wanted to make lily smile after I make a special strawberry shortcake just for her. After I was done I placed the strawberry shortcakes in a tray to add the frosting and when I was about to ask Lily for help I noticed there was a line of people so I decided not to disturb her, after a few minutes I finished with the frosting and placed them on display leaving one out for Lilly to eat. After lily was done I signaled her to look at her left to see the surprise I made her " thank you Ty I didn't bring anything to eat for my break so this is very appreciative" she said with a smile. Even though the media is making our town seem ruined and disgusting we have one of the most kindhearted, gentle, and lovable people and you will never find people just like ours because we all as a community understand our struggles. I restocked on the coffee and treats but then I realized that I needed to talk to the manager about why he didn't tell us we were closing down " hey Lilly where is the manager?" " oh he left early he said it was a urgent matter regarding the other coffee shop in the other side of town or something like that" great so instead of discussing our job being shut down he is abandoning us for another coffee shop across town " do you know if he will be here tomorrow?" " he always is so why wouldn't he be?" She asked with confusion " your right it was just that I have an urgent matter to discuss with him" " why can't you call him?" " it's a something I would rather say in person" I replied with a smile but it quickly went away I looked at lily to see if she noticed but she was to focused on the people arguing outside, she put her hand over her mouth when they began to argue about who was the child's father i laughed at Lily and started washing the dishes still thinking about what excuse the manager is going to have when I confront him.