02

Someone new
____________________________________

Lily left two hours ago and now it's my day to close the coffee shop. I still have 30 minutes left until closing but then I noticed someone across the street was walking towards the restaurant so I got prepared to make the coffee that they will probably order. They walked inside the restaurant putting there hoodie on as they entered I got suspicious since I was the only one in the store so I started to move towards the pot that was boiling with hot water " hey Miss can I please just get a coffee with sugar and this biscuit?" He said pointing at the biscuit that was in display " sure" I said backing away from the boiling water, he chuckled " sorry I didn't mean no harm my bad if I looked suspicious I didn't want anyone to recognize me" he said with a smile " your famous or do you have Opps? I said putting the biscuit in the bag then handing him the bag he chuckled then got the bag from my hand taking the biscuit and taking a bite, his eyes widen and he looked shocked continuing eat the biscuit " you made this?" "Yes" I smiled " please give me 6 more" " I'm sorry we don't have 6 biscuits in stock so would you still like 4 biscuits?" " yes please I would glady accept 4 biscuits" " but will you restock on biscuits tomorrow?" " yes of course" I said with a smile " then you can give me the 2 biscuits tomorrow" he said with a smile " what time do you open?" " we open at 5 for the people who need coffee in the early morning to do there job" I said adding the sugar in the coffee " people consider this coffee shop as the holy grail since a lot of people come here to get rid of the tiredness from there jobs" I said putting the cap on the coffee cup " I'm sorry if I talk to much" I chuckled out of awkwardness " it's fine don't worry about it" he smiled when I handed him the cup of coffee " thank you" I smiled and went to get another bag for the 4 biscuits that he wants " but what time is your shift so I can come and get my most wanted biscuits?" He said with a grin I started putting the biscuits in the bag " I start my shift at 11:20 until 3:20" he bite his lip and said "I'll be around then see you tomorrow" he said swiping his card to pay for the coffee and biscuits, I said bye back and watched as he left the store after I checked the time to see how many minutes I had left and when I checked I had 10 minutes left. I left the counter and started swiping the floor I then moved the chairs so than they were placed straight after I checked on the time and it was 5 minutes left until closing so I cleaned the counter and then my alarm went off. I made my way to the door and put the close sign on the door I packed my things and put my jacket on since it was cold outside and walked my way to the deli to get some hot Cheetos and a bottle of Arizona I turned the block to where the deli was and noticed how there was litter under every car and even in peoples lawn I sighed thinking about how many people have to live like this just because there is lack of job and money. I walked slower then usual because I wanted to reflect on what I should do to help this town from destroying itself and even if we wanted to call people so they can help us they will want money for doing the decent humane thing for there own people and because we don't have enough money we have to stay silent about our poverty and problems. I didn't realize that I was infront of the deli until broken and fallen lights were shinning on my face I made my way inside and smiled at the cashier I went to the chips aisle then went to the back to get my Arizona I then made my way to the cashier and started placing my things on the counter " hey Ty thank you for being a loyal customer you always come to get your Arizona and bag of chips" the elder man said with a smile " you know me zane I'm very trustful" I said with chuckle. I have known Zane since I was 14 and he has helped me with mental health and finding a non stress full job I consider Zane as my father that I wished was present in my life. I payed for my things and said good bye to Zane I then finally walked my way home but when I was walking I saw a homeless women on the street who looked like she hasn't eaten for days I walked up to her and crouched to talk to her since she was sitting on the floor " hey miss I have chips but they are spicy so it's ok if you don't want them but I always have Arizona" I said handing the treats to her " thank you kind child I hope this world will have more people like you god bless your soul" she said smiling taking my chips and Arizona I smiled back and then made my way back home. I arrived at my doorstep and started taking the house keys out of my pocket I put the key inside the door knob then turned it I opened the door and took off my jacket and put it in my hanger, I went inside the living room to place my bag in the Sofa after I made my way to the kitchen to get food out of the fridge to eat for dinner I microwaved leftovers and ate it all but I noticed it was getting late and I need to wake up early to get ready for my morning job so I washed the dishes and made my way to my room to change, brush my teeth and to use the bathroom I then went on my bed to fall asleep but a family next door were arguing about how they shouldn't be careless spending money and to be more mindful of there struggles they finally stoped arguing and I slept peacefully.