05

help any way you can
_______________________________________________
        While I was walking to my house I passed a few homless people that looked like they were struggling not only with money but with the with their own body I saw a guy laying on the side walk with yellow eyes that clearly looks like they have liver cancer and in the corner of my eye I saw two homless men limping to the nearest trash can to see if there was any food for the 10th time today. I kept walking when I saw a child laying againset her mother crying " PLEASE MOM" she said sobbing "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME YOUR ALL I HAVE" she said barley able to say the last sentence because then she suddnely started breathing heavily I ran up to them and caught the girl before she collasped on the concrete she looked at me with sad eyes " please help my mom" she said with tears still in her eyes " im sorry I don't know what she has" "shes all I have" " if i lose her where will I go?" she said lost in her thoughts and when I was quite I noticed that this young girl wasn't older then 10. Childeren have to suffer and even lose there parents to hunger how fucked up of people to not even donate to us they only donate to the rich like they need anymore money, I tapped the girl's shoulder and she looked at me with her hand still connected to her moms hands "I can't do anything to help fix what your mother is going through but I will buy snacks and drinks so you can stay energized  I said with a reassuring smile she looked at me " anything will help" she said hugging me I could tell that they havent showered in months but I don't judge because that is what most people in this town smell like since nobody has the money. I ran back to the deli scared that I was going to be late for my last shift at night I opend the deli doors and started getting any chips that looked good and chips I enjoyed I put the chips on the counter since it was to much for me to hold " your buying all this Ty?" I nodded my head making my way to the back I got every drink I liked and any drink that was popular I handed it all to Zane and he started scanning them " This is the biggest purchase you have ever brought from my store but I know its not for you so who is it for?" "Im helping someone you know we need to help any way we can" I said with a smile "Taylor always helping others but herself" he said putting all the snacks in two bags " it will be $20 but Ty are you sure your making the right choice you don't know these people" he said with a concerning tone "I might not know them personally but we all come from the same town so they are basically family" I said handing the $20 bill to zane. He nodded and I left running until I reached the spot they were in I couldn't find the spot they were in untill I heard a shout " Over here" they said with a concerning tone I ran there and saw that the mother was lying still with her eyes no longer open " what happened" the girl said trying to meet my gaze but all that was covering her vision were tears I went inside the bag and grabbed the water I brought and put it on her mouth to see if she will take a sip and then seconds later she was drinking the water "thank you" said the daugther with a sigh " your helping us why?" she said when I was handing her the bag of snacks and drinks " I wanted help but no one gave it to me so I will help anyway I can to make sure I will never be self centered like that" I said rolling my eyes while the girl laughed I checked the time and saw that I had 5 mintues until my last shift starts so I said bye to the family and ran to the bakery . I was in-front of the bakery then I started fixing my hair because it was all messy I went inside 1 mintue before my shift started " I thought you were going to be late" someone said I looked at the table and saw Chris" never that" I said chuckling I went to the back and put on my apron ready to bake anything that the customer orders but It was taking long for anyone to come to the store so I sat In the table having perfect view of the outside I started zoning out until I heard the bell from the door ring I got up and made my way towards the back " hello may I have two of these and 1 of this" he said pointing at the display " of course" said ruby as she started putting the order in a sticky note for me so I can restock the customer handed her his card and she handed me the note wrtting what treats there needs to be more of I got to work and finished I handed Ruby the freashly baked goods " can you please help me put them on display?" she said with a pleading look I nodded my head and started helping her after I took the bag out and started putting the customor orders in the bag I handed the bag to the man and he smiled he put a $5 as tip we thanked him and watched as he left. I walked towards Chris who was cleaning the windows and asked " Do you know when we will restock on supplies we are running low on certain things" " this friday" he said getting up and moving to the other window I nodded my head and then we started having a deep converstation until it was ruined because the bell from the door rung again and I got up to the front to put the customers order in the bag " Hello may I please have 3 of these donuts and 2 of this bread please" I nodded my head and started putting the treats in the bag I handed it to her when she finsihed paying, the same thing happened the rest of the shift so after 4 hours I finally went home to relax until I heard my roomates again talking about who is going to the deli and pay since they were hungry so I got up went under my bed to hand them the few chips I hand under there leaving only 2 for me " thank you" " you save lifes" they both said laughing opening up there chips and going upstars but the whole night I couldn't help but wonder how the family I helped is doing right now.