09

I closed the office door catching my breath as I fixed my skirt I noticed every co-worker was looking at me and I knew it was because they heard our agrument I opened my phone and went to the uber app to quickly leave the place then I felt a tap on my shoulder I turned around and saw a young man handing me a card while he was looking around I grabbed the card from his hand and looked at him "what is this?" someone's interested in helping your company just meet them where it says in the card, by the way if you don't want to work with them just tell them in person they hate when they are left hanging" he said turning around and running away I put the card in my bag and went outside since my uber was waiting. I went and entered the uber I opened the bag taking out the card it read "meet me under the bridge in westland street tomorrow at 6pm" and in the bottom left it said "don't keep us waiting" I put the card back in my bag and got out of the uber since we reached our home I opened the door and said goodbye and as he was driving off I went to the side of my house opening the door to my basement as I entered the room I put my bag in the corner and walked the stairs leading to my house through the basement instead of the front door. I reached my room and brushed my teeth then I felt my eyes become heavy so I went to my bed then went to sleep. I heard my alarm begin to ring and I wanted to hit the snooze button but I stopped myself getting up and putting on the clothes I have to wear for work. I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and to pee but then I recived a phone call so I answered it the first thing they said was "an opportunity has appeared I need you at the office now" "I need to go to the hospital to see how Mansons recovery is doing can I go later?" "No you can do that later first you need to come to the office now a opportunity like this doesn't come again" "fine" I said hanging up washing my hands and putting my shoes on I opened the front door the closing it. I then was walking to work then I stopped at the deli because I was thirsty I got my water and a small bag of chips I but it in the counter having my money ready the man scaned the things I was buying and he told me the amount I gave him the money and began to put the chips in the pocket of my sweater, "wait"  looked at the man "yes?" "do you want to try this?" he said taking a bag filled with weed " somones left this in the bathroom I never tryed this before but you look like you have" " you want to try with me?" I looked at him not saying a word as I was collecting my thoughts " Im busy sorry" I say speed walking to the door opening it and then walking to the office of my business. After I was inside I was handed a note I reached my office sitting on my chair and opening the note it read " I have viewed your upcoming business and we have a proposition for the ceo or head of this business we offer to pay full price or more for your company if you want to take up on the deal please call the number listed below please and thank you." I closed the note opening one of my desks drawer's and putting it in closing the drawer shut with my key I then called Avirn the person who called me in the morning "do you need anything?" "I called you to tell you my company can't and won't be bought by anyone" "you shouldn't be telling me this tell the person who offered to buy your company" "I know that you put my company in the market the buyer even had it in his letter" "You can't keep up with Manson's medical bills your company won't be worth even $1000 in the furture they even offered to pay more!" I stared blankly at the phone keeping my thoughts and actions in order "pack up everything in your office from this day and forever you are fired don't come inside my company ever again if you doubt the way I lead my company then leave" I said hanging up catching my breath as I sat on the chair thinking who im going to replace the manager with. I heard a knock on my door "come in" they opened the door slightly and coughed "whats happened?" "you keep getting letters every hour we have two basket's filled with them" she said letting two people in with the basket's of cards "put them this way" I said pointing at the empty desk in the corner of my room "ill look through them after I finshed dealing with something, they nodded walking towards the empty desk and placing the baskets on it then they politely excused themselfs I started to write a list of the possible workers that qualify to become a manager then I received a phone call I looked up and it read "hospital" I quickly answered the call  "this is the hospital we have a concern for the patient Mason this number is in his emerngy list this is the correct number correct?" "yes whats wrong?" "this is a matter that is better telled in person do you what time you can arrive?" "ill be there in 10 mintues" "we will be waiting for you" I hung up the call putting my jacket on and leaving a note at the front desk running to the hospital. I arrived and walked to the front desk "im here for the call of Manson" "last name?" "river" she started to type on the computer and pointed at the waiting sits "the doctors will be with you shortly please take a sit" she said smiling I took a sit and started biting my nails I waited for 5 mintues then I saw two doctors walking towards me "are you a relative of Manson river?" "im a friend" "do you know any family that are related to him?" "no I don't" "the matter we want to talk with you about is something that a relative should be here for to sign off on" "he only has me on his emergency contact list that should be enough proof that Im close to him just tell me whats wrong" he sighed then spoke up again "Manson had a heart attack it attacked his heart very badly he can't breath on his own he is on life support we can either take him off life support or perform a surgery but there is not gratuide that he will surive" my eyes began to water I had to choose for him to die or for him to maybe die during surgey.