Chapter 4

Court

I slipped my box of condom in my pocket as I slammed the door of my car. Isinara rin ni Shiloh ang pinto ng front seat at tiningnan ang paligid.

"Have fun tonight." I put my arm around his shoulder as we both walked to the entrance of the popular club in BGC, where I would always get spotted.

"It's Brent." The whispers as soon as I walked in.

The room was dim, but not too dim, as I could vividly see the familiar faces of the others. The string of neon lights danced uncontrollably as the music mingled and resonated all throughout the place.

"Brent!" tawag ng kabilang sofa.

I took my arm out of Shiloh and walked to them. Halos napatayo ang mga naroon sa sofa. Natatawa akong nakipagbungguan ng balikat sa iba at nakiyakapan din sa mga babaeng nangingiting bumati sa akin.

"You're finally back!"

"Mm... the semester is over. Kailangan tutok sa pag-aaral. Can't take my name out of the dean's list." I chuckled while taking the red cup they handed me.

"Sino 'yan?" Isa sa mga girls na may tiningnan sa likod.

I sipped the drink a bit and glanced at Shiloh and gestured at him to come nearer.

"Shiloh. My roommate. Pinapabantayan ni mom sa akin." Ngisi ko sabay akbay sa kanya nang tumigil sa aking gilid.

The girls giddily grinned at me. Humalakhak ako at hinawakan ang ulo ni Shiloh.

"And single. Of course, ladies..."

Tumili ang iilan sa kanila. Shiloh caressed his nape and glanced at me. I chuckled and crouched a bit.

"That box contains more than one condom. Perhaps you could make use of each of em?" I whispered playfully.

"Gago ka," he hissed, but there's a playfulness in his tone.

Humalakhak ako kung hindi lang may yumakap sa akin sa likuran. Hinuli ko ang kamay at napalingon ganoon din si Shiloh.

"Jade!" My eyes widened and hugged her.

"Gosh! I knew it! Likod pa lang at katangkaran!" she laughed.

"When did you just come back? Thought you were in Cebu?!"

"Yesterday!" Nangingiti niyang sabi at hinila na ang aking braso.

Tumingin ako sa sofa at iwinagayway ang kamay ko sa kanila para magpaalam. I pulled Shiloh's arm again so he could come with me.

"Guys! Look who I found!" Mabilis na anunsyo ni Jade nang huminto kami sa isang VIP area.

Halos ibuga ni Briar ang kanyang iniinom at namimilog ang mga matang napatingin sa akin. The other boys stood and pulled me toward them.

"Bro!" they shouted aggresively as they crowded me and some of them were jumping too.

Tinanggap ang mga kamay nila at nakipagbungguan ng balikat.

"Body shot! Body shot!" the girls shouted.

Natatawa akong umiling ngunit nangingiti nang tumayo si Jade sa aking harapan. I sighed aggressively as her hand manipulated the buttons of my shirt. Namaywang ako at pinanood ang kanyang ginagawa.

"Really, Jade?" Namamaos kong halakhak.

She grinned and poured the tequila on my chest. I shut my eyes and lifted my head a bit as I laughed. I felt Jade's lips on my chest as she teasingly sucked the liquid. Oh damn... damn... This is what we called semester break, Brent! Welcome back!