Chapter 5

Temper

The boys joined us on the dance floor, and we were now shouting and jumping while shouting the lyrics of the song we all knew.

Jade was pulled by the other girls, as I couldn't spot them on the crowded dance floor. Bukod sa nagkakatuwaan na rin kaming mga boys, nakaakbay sa isa't isa at nagsisitalon, I let her disappear on my sight as I indulged myself in the ongoing fun.

"Oh shit, Brent..." siko bigla ni Mavric sa akin.

Natatawa pa ako noong tiningnan ang nginuso niya. I curiously glanced at where he was talking about when I saw the group of familiar faces who just went in.

Oh boy... the fucking main event has just arrived.

Verena, in her fit, button-down black dress that hugged her hourglass body sexily, made my lips parted. She brushed her long, disheveled, wolf-cut hair and flipped it to the other side as she crouched a bit and listened to what her friend was saying to her.

Goddamn... Goddamn it...

"Her tats..." Rick whispered, talking about the tats on her upper chest.

It's a flower. I don't know the specific details, but damn it, this woman is such a snack!

"Wala na... distracted na..." rinig ko ang halakhak ng mga kaibigan kong lalake at tinapik pa ang aking balikat.

I licked my lower lip as I couldn't take my eyes off her. Mas lalo pang nanatili nang naglakad siya sa aming table.

"Huh? Sa circle natin papunta!"

"May kaibigan ba siya diyan? Hindi sila close nila Angela ah?"

"Baka nila Gabriella?"

Just when I thought this night would be one of the luckiest nights for me, as soon as she approached Trixie and patted the space beside her, my dreams slowly shattered like a window being hit by a sudden swing of a baseball bat.

"Gago? Close ni Trixie?!"

"Bro... hindi mo naman siguro sinaktan si Trixie, 'di ba?"

My shoulder loosened. I groaned and slapped my forehead. "Damn it!"

The boys laughed and started shaking my shoulder.

"Isayaw mo nalang 'yan! Wala kanang pag-asa! Sirang sira kana sa tingin niya!"

"Knowing mapili sa boys, pihikan, tapos ikaw ang pipiliin? With your long list of issues with girls, she's thinking she dodged a bullet for ignoring you!"

Naghigh-five sila at mas lalong tumawa. Pinasadahan ng haplos ang aking buhok, medyo natawa rin sa sarili kong kaolokohan lalo na't alam kong gago rin talaga ako.

But can you believe it? Trixie is fucking friends with Verena?! Paanong hindi ko man lang nasagap iyon? And Angela must be shitting with me not to tell me that Trixie is friends with Verena!

I glanced at our table again, as Verena was now sitting on the sofa. Namaywang ako habang nagtatawanan ang friends ko at patuloy akong inaasar. Natatawa ko silang inilingan at pinagtutulak ang mga kamay lalo na't nahihilo na ako.

"Move on, Brent. Wala kang pag-asa diyan," patuloy nila.

When I glanced at our table again, I saw Shiloh conversing with Verena since she sat next to him, who's on her right side, and Trixie, who's on the right, frowning and rolling her eyes.

"Kinakausap si Shiloh." Akbay ni Ronan sa akin, ang daliri ay hinahaplos ang labi.

I folded my arms to my chest and watched how Verena conversed with him. Shiloh leaned in a bit and whispered in her ear.