Chapter 7

Soon enough, Buck and I were back at the station and carrying on our roles as normal. We did have to suffer a lecture from not only Bobby, but Hen and Eddie told us off too. Chim was just in the background laughing at us.

Now that Buck and I could actually speak to each other without arguing, I found out that we had a lot in common. This wasn't great news for the team though as they said a 'mini Buck' was going to be even worse than just one Buck.

The team were on their way back from a call, if my radio was correct. That meant this was the perfect time to test my coffee skills. I had spent the past week watching, listening and writing down how each team member liked their drinks.

If I worked as hard as they did all day, I'd want my coffee done right too.

I checked the small piece of paper I had written my notes down on (yes I'm that much of a nerd and people pleaser). Somehow throughout the process I managed to burn three different spots on the same hand and get a paper cut on my thumb.

But by the time the truck came rolling in I had five steaming cups of coffee on the counter.

"We're back Blue!" Buck cheered as he hopped out the truck and I smiled slightly. Since the fire, Buck had decided to give me a nickname.

Apparently it's because when the beam collapsed, he could still see me through the gap. The only thing he could see clearly though was my eyes; a bright blue in contrast to the grey smoke.

So, I finally had a nickname here.

Everyone gathered upstairs, only to suddenly stop upon the sight of coffee. "You made coffee?" Chim questioned in surprise and I nodded eagerly, pointing at who's was who's.

"Three days ago you didn't even know how to use the machine." Hen stated skeptically. I pouted in mock offence, "Come on. I've learnt how you guys want it and I did it all from memory!" I lied, moving the piece of paper under an empty mug.

Luckily, they didn't notice as I'd probably be embarrassed at how hard I was trying to get it right.

All of them slowly took turns sipping at their coffee and within a few sips, they were happily drinking it with smiles on their faces. "No way you did this." Buck laughed. I reached to take his coffee away in mock offence but he cradled it to his chest protectively. Dork.

Unbeknownst to me, Eddie had been creeping round behind me whilst I kept my attention on the others. I only noticed something was up when Bobby glanced past me. I tilted my head to see Eddie moving the empty cup and picking up the paper.

"Uh no-" I yelped, trying to take it away from him. Like the bully he is, Eddie lifted his arm in the air and dangled the paper teasingly. I groaned, batting my fists weakly at his stomach.

Eddie wrapped his free arm around the back of my neck and pulled me into a headlock, much to everyone's amusement but mine. My body squirmed in his grip as I tried to elbow him or hit him.

Unfortunately, Eddie was a lot stronger than I was. "Aww kiddo, did you write down our coffee orders?" He smiled, ruffling my hair. The others reached out and read over the piece of paper, making me blush in embarrassment.

I was released from the brute's captive hold, only for Buck to pull me into another one. "You arseholes-" I cussed, jumping at the knuckles rubbing against my head.

We wrestled for a couple minutes, everyone laughing and enjoying the happy atmosphere. But of course, something always had to ruin it.

"Alright lay off the kid guys," Bobby chuckled, "What did your parents say when you got home after the fire? I have to say, I was expecting a very angry phone call." He questioned. It was a fair question and innocently said, but it wasn't the easiest to answer.