Happier

I hope you're happy
But not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great, but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

*****

"Today is the day!" Cameron's hands collided with Spencer's shoulders as he adjusted his tie in the full-length mirror. "How do I look?" Spencer asked as he turned around with his hands extended. "Handsome, come on. We're leaving later than expected." Spencer nodded at his words, retrieving his cell phone, charger, and gift.

As expected, they arrived at the venue behind the time they were expected to arrive but right in time before the service began.

"You're late!" Emma scolded Spencer and Cameron as they approached the room they were directed to. "We know, we know, and we apologize." His lips met hers in a short peck as she opened the door, revealing the dressed woman who stood in front of a full-length mirror as stylists adjusted her attire. "Look who finally arrived," Emma exclaimed, prompting the female to turn around.

Their eyes met - an action that hadn't occurred since a month ago.

"Trina! You look beautiful!" Cameron expressed as he approached her, "Can I hug you?" He asked, making Trina chuckle. "Once you're all clean." He nodded with a gigantic smile, "Of course I am." He embraced her tightly, "Listen, I'm going to get a seat before the front rows get filled. I will see you later." She nodded as he dismissed himself, and her eyes returned to Spencer, who stood in the doorframe. "Trina, everyone's ready!!" The voice of Josslyn echoed through the hall as she made her way to the dressing room.

"Spencer, long time no see." Josslyn greeted as she paused her movements - she was shocked.

He nodded, "Yeah, it's been a while." She nodded, sucking her lip between her teeth as she alerted Trina about the participants. "Can you give us one moment? I won't be long." The makeup artist and stylist nodded, exiting the room.

"It's now a habit that I let others tell you how beautiful you are before I can." He stated, walking closer to her as his hands held one another behind his back. "Well, I can admit that you always followed up very quickly." She teased. He released a short breath as a closed-mouth smile grew on his face. "You look absolutely breathtaking, Trina." She blinked rapidly before copying his smile, "Thank you. You look quite dashing yourself. You've always been a good dresser."

He dropped his head as he slightly blushed.

"I -" They both spoke in unison, chuckling at the coincidence. "Go ahead," Trina offered, but Spencer declined. "Ladies first, what were you saying?" She smiled softly before speaking, "I appreciate your attendance, you didn't have to come, but of course, you would support me." He nodded, "Of course, forever and always." There was a short pause before Trina questioned him about his statement or query.

Oh, it's nothing important; I was just going to say -" I miss you, "I hope the ceremony goes smoothly."

Trina snickered, "Oh, trust me, I hope it does too." In almost perfect timing, the door opened, revealing an usher at the venue. "Your bridal party is all set in place. We are just waiting for you, ma'am." Trina nodded, "I'm right behind you."