Leg Shakin'

"The Majorette Battle is at 8 pm tonight!! Come out and support!!" The cheerleaders of Port Charles University paraded around the halls as students entered and exited the classrooms.

Port Charles University is hosting the Majorette battle. Flyers showcasing the local and Miami teams — that flew to Port Charles — for the competition were handed around by the cheerleaders in support of their friend. The team captains were posted to the front of their respective teams, thus making Trina Robinson the representative of her team, The Black Diamonds.

*****
****
***
**
*

The practice room, which they call "the diamond mine" was occupied by ten people. The choreographer and owner of the team, Amelia Reed, and nine of the forty majorette dancers.

She called them "The Battle Squad."

Ms. Reed considered them to be the strongest dancers on her team. Trina Robinson is the captain who leads their team into victory damn-near every competition.

"Great everyone, go hit the showers. The makeup artists will be here in the next twenty minutes." Ms. Reed said as her hands clapped together in satisfaction after a few minor changes in the choreography.

"Y'all are up against Miami's champions, the superstars. This will be our first encounter with them, make it an unforgettable one." Ms. Reed spoke as the females got dressed in the practice room after their makeup and hair were finished.

"Y'all know the competition. We have the fast and slow stands, we have our call-outs and our response. Trina, you know the drill, You throw the stand and the team will follow. Go out there and show that team who the true superstars are. You guys got this." Ms. Reed went over the protocols and offered some encouragement as they traveled through the halls in their costumes.

As they approached the auditorium the cheers from the cheerleaders echoed through the halls.

They shook their pom poms as they jogged through the large auditorium chanting encouraging words to their acquaintances as they took their places on the floor.

The sparkly pink and blue costumes of the superstars seemed child-like when compared to the sparkly mature black and red costume of the black diamonds.

The teams took a glance around the crowd.

Trina's family caught her sight before the quarterback and his team were seen entering and sitting in the front row. A large smile grew on her face as she blushed. Spencer Cassadine sent a wink her way, the Cassadine Prince led their team to victory as the quarterback of the football team.

You can consider them the movie cliche. The popular college male and female, the jock and the cheerleader — except she wasn't the typical cheerleader.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the battle between the superstars and the black diamonds!"

The battle began with the Superstars throwing the first stand. A stand that made the response that Trina threw look weaker than it was. The choice worried Amelia, but she chose not to intervene in any way trusting the captain of the team.

They were ten minutes into the battle when a detrimental incident happened on the stage. The seemingly perfect team failed their pyramid, giving the diamonds a slight advantage in judging if the next stand was strong enough — which it was.

The crowd which was filled with supporters from both sides suddenly became louder as the diamonds ended their strong stance.

*****