Autumn Embrace

"Bring it to the right...a bit more. There! Stop moving," Trina directed as she watched her husband set up the new paintings in their living room. "Great job, baby" She encouraged softly as Spencer climbed down the ladder. "Good choice for the interior decor," Spencer voiced as he stored the items used in their supply closet.

"It's perfect," Trina voiced as she traveled around the large home that Spencer had recently bought for their family.

"What else is on our to-do list?" Spencer yelled from across the home as Trina waltzed around the now fully furnished home. "Grocery shopping! We haven't gotten the turkey!" She yelled back unaware of the male's sudden presence behind her.

She huffed at the sudden embrace before chuckling.

"I didn't hear you come in," She whispered as his lips left ghostly pecks on her skin. "You were too enchanted by your work," He whispered in her ear as he looked around the home with her. "We did it," Spencer whispered again as he held Trina close to his chest. "Yeah, we did" Trina replied as her head turned to look at him.

He leaned down capturing her lips in a soft kiss.

"Let's go before rush hour begins," Trina mumbled on his lips earning a nod from her husband. "I'll get our sweaters, it's a bit chilly today," Spencer raced upstairs as Trina glanced around the home again. She shoved the flats that she normally wore for these outings on her feet.

Trina wanted everything to be perfect for this year's Thanksgiving. She and Spencer decided to host their first joint Thanksgiving dinner, bringing together the Cassadines and the Robinson families for the first time since their wedding — which was three years ago.

"OK, I got our sweaters. Let's go, after you," Spencer voiced as he opened the door for his wife — an action that never changed since they first met.

"Thank you," She always replied despite it being his second nature.

A characteristic she admired about him

"Spencer! We forgot cranberry sauce!" Trina yelled out from the kitchen as she realized the missing item the next day.

The male rushed downstairs with their children — running late with their drop-off. "I'll get it after dropping the twins to grandmother's," He told her as he made a mental note of the item.

"We also forgot — why are you dressed up?"  Trina asked as she finally turned to see the male grabbing the children's bag. "I received a notice for an impromptu committee meeting — I must attend, it's urgent," Spencer spoke in a rush, "But you're on vacation and it's a holiday. They can respect that, let the deputy director handle it, I can't do everything myself" Trina voiced, clearly peeved by the sudden news.

"Trina, I need to be there. I promise once the meeting is over I will come right back and help you prepare for tonight," He approached the female whose brows gathered to the center of her forehead. "Baby, what did I tell you? The lines will become permanent if you keep doing that,"   Trina exhaled softly, relaxing her face as she had an internal monologue about being illogical. "It is your family business..." She sighed softly, "Drive safe. Come here, babies!! Have fun with maw maw, okay" Trina cooed at the fraternal twins who hugged and kissed.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I'll make this as quick as possible," Spencer stated as he stole a quick kiss from her lips.

As their front door closed — leaving the female alone — she looked around at the prep work she began after preparing breakfast for her family and lunch boxes and snacks for her children. "I can do this," She encouraged herself as she decided to check the turkey which was currently sitting in its brine.