Chapter Three

June did not know nor did she question why the dwarf prompted her to follow, but she did not like that he was leading her off the path she had grown fond of.

Though left with no means of protection, her feet did not signal indications of pain as she trekked across sticks and rocks and weeded forest ground.

Their journey was quiet, which June did not like. She had gotten the understanding that perhaps communication was going to be very limited.

However, she was a child and children were curious. Though time did not exist in the structure of this dwarf's world, June calculated the passing of at least 20 minutes. She was patient, but that patience was growing thin with every step toward her unknown destination.

"Where're we goin'?" She finally asked in childish curiosity.

"East." Was his short remark. He responded despite knowing her interpretation of the word would not be processed correctly, but figured it would be better than to leave the child in silence.

After all, the balance of reciprocated energy was to be a practice of this world. One speaks, one answers. One performs an act of kindness, and they are met with an act of kindness in return. One exudes love, and that love is received just the same.

It was a world of fullness; a world of equilibrium.

All creatures were both aware and in touch with their roots, the energy source that fueled them all. They were just as June was, spirit in a host. Though their hosts differed substantially, June and these mythics shared the same ethereal.

They were both the same evolution of spirit, however this was yet to be studied by the land.

Mother waited patiently for this milestone to bring worlds together. She knew all, as She was present in everything and every being. Nothing exceeded the presence of this feminine piece of divinity.

Her presence was controlled, not yet to reveal to the dwarf what the girl was doing in their world and what purpose she served.

Nothing was an accident and the creatures of Her land knew of it. Their order was stringed as shared thoughts and energy expressed a stressed curiosity. They trusted their Mother, though. They knew this all to be for a reason, and they were readily available to do as she led.

However, She remained limited in the knowledge that was extended in their time of the 44, leaving Her elementals to wonder.

Those who ruled ground were reassured by gentle surges of comfort sent through Her core, and those who ruled sky were met with whispers of nurturing care. It was a constant; the soothing gestures for Her children.

Including June.

Though her own understanding concerning echoes of peace in an invisible string of tranquility was narrow, she knew her soul had nothing to worry for.

She would soon find that she was among the most non-threatening of life in all realms—an aspect that served purpose in a long journey of union.

A journey plagued with the difficulties of mortal relating to elemental.

Communication with her guide was the first obstacle to be overcome.

I do not believe I've heard of such a destination." She spoke, looking to the sky while pondering the foreign syllables of the word. The path had cleared, assuming it's mossy origin she had grown a liking to.

"East." He said once more, pointing in the direction where Sylphs resided. The highest of elementals. They reached far above the ground, catching wind of information and any spoken or unspoken word that may have been left unguarded.