Chapter Nineteen

Though June walked amongst herself, she would also walk amongst all she was and would come to be. She felt the future existing just as the present, but the past was an echo of icicles that pierced her chilled skin.

It was something that was hidden, yet still tugged her attention toward external forces of her world, forces wiped from omniscient awareness.

Within a state of rest, it was only then that her vibrations could be lowered to a depth of ancients that called to her. She grazed the first torch of four lit within a population before her, a red writing of prediction along rock that etched itself into her orange flesh.

However, the sensation of singed skin did not prompt her state to one of consciousness, as her unconscious mind sought the tether to an ocean breeze that remained tightly, yet deeply embedded into the base of her spine. It pulsed calmly as wars raged in pockets of time that did not exist.

Unfamiliar pains reached her mind and grazed parts of her that had been buried within those exact pockets. The call of a warrior and guide, along with Mother Gaia, was something to not be dismissed, especially as her aura projected the purities gifted to her that clung to spirit and adopted from a vessel long since shed.

Her body lied still in a softly illuminated clearing, leaves rattling warnings to aid in her manipulated slumber.

She woke with a jump, not feeling settled nor well with the shadows that clouded her vision in the space before her.

Her breath was quick, unnaturally so, but before the abnormality could be recognized an unsettling distortion struggled to drag itself from the tree line.

Her gut rang with horrors she knew not thrived priorly, but premonitions reintroduced themselves and tethered to correlated disturbances that unsettled her golden veins.

Images of a short man walking a mossy road before her stole her eyes, as the same disfigured abomination reached toward her and inched closer.

"Life is not sustainable." Was a statement of doom, releasing waves of dread to mingle with ones of purity. It was not an audible encounter—it pierced through thin air behind June silently, forcing its sour breath to brush against the fossils in her bones.

She did not move, remaining stagnant within herself and not bearing more than the surface of her aura as the disembodied horror spoke harshly once more,  "You will fall."

Her throat tightened at the visions this voice carried, revealing the revelations behind many stories of god, goddess, and creator.

"And when you do..." The same despicable pull of emptiness grazed her skeleton with shattering intensity.

"You will bleed black." Was a dissonant whisper along the strands of hair closest to her scalp.

A violence bled over her untouchable shield tauntingly. However unaffected she remained by the physical presence, it burned the golden specs that rested in the air around her to an ash that floated in its wake and dispersed in a small flurry. Hungry and manipulated particles surrounding them rushed to devour the flakes, carrying with it a virus of sin.

June shook her head in a state of negation, but also calm consideration of what this being had spoken into her world. "You are wrong. I will not take information nor prediction from misled undead. Be gone."

It was spheres of orange in which she spoke to, and what shone in them were countless fragments of...her. The evil that invaded her lands was one with her.