Chapter Five

In the deafening absence of her Angel, June felt a bit lost. With no one but the dwarf to comfort her frail frame, she could feel an ache begin to seep into the cracks of her lips and chips in her fingernails.

This woe was the start of isolated fear. She did not want to pursue a journey in this land with an unfamiliar gnome of a man. Her hands reached for the vacant air before her, but she grasped for an image she could not even recall.

"Do not take the Sylphs deformation as it appears, she is still with us." The dwarf spoke in dismissive comfort. However, he was met with the girl's surprised satisfaction, as she could then make sense of the order in which he spoke.

She pondered his words, recognizing all but a pair; "The...Sylph's deformation?"

Her hesitation merely grazed the pronunciation an unsure mind provided.

Skor regarded the question with initial stun, but the short-lived confusion was quickly replaced with gratitude concerning the removal of their barrier. He could feel the torrents of the skies aiding through Amon's presence amongst them.

It told him of the sacrifice on her behalf; the elemental had left a fragment of herself to act as a guide for June, as she knew their journey was one that called for East's properties. Skor tilted his head to a nod a of respect and dismissal.

"Come, the angel prompts us on." He himself hesitated to take his first step as the opening still held the current of a higher power. There was a certain set of qualifications that called to leading someone of importance. Though unknown as to why, it was no secret in the birdsong and drifting thoughts of the fairies that June had a purpose.

He then knew this was the farthest thing from a surprise for the land. It had been preparing itself for this very thing for quite a while. Mother had been giving them pieces of this happening, assigning discreet obstacles for each individual that would play a part in a great change. The significance in this preparation was the only reason Skor could navigate his land as efficiently as he was able.

Upon recent circumstances, he had been redirected to acting as a messenger between the elements. This had called for many of treks and journeys, and though a small land, all four corners sat at varying distances and locations.

"Where did she go?" June asked as they once more embarked for the West.

"She returned to her truest form." He spoke with a smile, taking the smallest of glances toward the narrowing view of the sky as a familiar forest scene emerged from the shimmer of blanketed glamor. "I imagine she is above the clouds and within the crests of waves making fun with the gods and sirens; that's where she finds herself most naturally occurring."

His droopy face bore an expression of awe, as his voice too had expressed. The dwarf's respect for East's power and purpose was biased, as the Sylphs had aided him more so than that of any other biome.

"However, with you is a piece of her she had presented as an eternal gift. You will learn to understand not only what an honor it is to receive what you now have, but how to utilize it in the way Amon had foreseen. She is East's most powerful of beings, and is to act as your protector." His explanation came as a mystery to June. She did not know what he meant by many of the terms in which he was providing her with, but she nodded slowly in sluggish understanding.

"She walks with us now?" Is what she hoped to have gathered correctly. It was perhaps the most important question to her, as the comfort in Amons presence had dissipated to but a small twinge in the pit of her cobweb-ridden soul.

Amongst the muddled shadows planted in her ethereal shone the brightness of an outward purity, not one particle of darkness able to touch it in the slightest. Instead, the opposite secured the beginnings of a mortal child's cleanse. Though not able to rid a good amount of the stench only mankind could exude, it still expelled any rot that attempted to spread.