Chapter Nine

With fresh introductions and a mission in mind, Skor was quick to keep them on track. Even if the water was not needed as sustenance, he found himself more so refreshed from the damp interaction of his swim.

June could also feel the tingles of nature's endorphins dancing along her flesh, giddying the atmosphere of their continuation. With veins satiated and small intestine satisfied, she worked a skip in her step behind Skor on their gradually widening path. It was a short lived pursuit, but she caught up and passed his strong steps with her own speed expansions.

Inching just barely ahead, her energy once more attracted the most lively of lives within the forest; Calling to those of whom enjoyed the dance and tune of her particles. The forest floor was grassy and tempted her to remove the barrier between strands of green and soles of feet.

Though without direct connection to the ground, she felt the presence of those who nurtured their surface realm before the manifestations or respective elementals had even materialized. Their opacities all granted visibility individually and in short bursts. It was much enjoyment for June to spot the first of them performing an airy dance, slowly gaining a sense of solidity. They did not stare nor look her straight on as dozens more appeared on either side of the path; they were a mere folk of dazzling gracefulness that collectedly danced to their hum.

Harmonies synchronized, maneuvering through lines of their vertex and slipping through vacuums in the spaces right before their faces. Though unseen, power from the ethereal was exchanged silently as a result of the combinations of formidable forces.

Hair on June's skin rose from the presence of undiluted power, but it lost potency and was absorbed upon its release. She faltered in her movements, momentarily stunned by such a shift, but the elementals were unaffected. It did not dampen their environment of enthusiasm, in fact, it seemed to encourage movement in their own collective.

Her skips turned to frolicked jumps and twirls and liquified limbs in the wind. She giggled, hearing her own voice bounce from one atom to another before dissipating into the flowers, moss, and very essence of all being and non-being of every nation. Bits of her small voice were forged to carry a note in the vibrational rhythm of space securely hugging her aura.

All spirit in all realms familiarized with her presence then if they had not before. She radiated nothing but the purest of purity and it resonated to greet all, reaching through the readily available tears of every axis that connected gods of all religion from every world that priorly, currently, and would soon find existence. She had just achieved something no other child of 44 had been able to; she had shared a fragment of herself with nations beyond the one she stood.

She, though unknowingly in terms of her ego, had extended the deepest part of her soul and offered her spirit of light to join those of whom were the light. It was then she had grazed the very meaning of pneuma.

To this the nymphs did put a sudden stop to their dance, as did the dryads and flowers and trees. All stood still, turning to watch a human child release the power of life itself.

A force of one who captured more than one element after bearing a host of none. Not only one who was captured in the midst of darkened troubles, but had been accepted through the vile evils from which she was birthed.

Mother had guarded her, and now it was time for Her to unveil the one who would find a balance once more. The one destined to ascend and oversee a species of rebirth and unity.

This had not been a recognition, even to the roots beneath her feet. However, her royalty would then be known by all.

She herself had came to a halt in response to the habitat that surrounded her. Eyes of all slits, colors, shapes, and opacity directed a mass respect for the child they were once weary of.