What Makes it Special [Nightkiller]

Nightmare sighed as he crossed his arms, he stared at the elegantly dressed lady in front of him and said in a cold tone "Leave, I am not interested in a relationship. I'll speak to my son about this.". The lady gulped and grabbed her purse before leaving with her dreams crushed. Nightmare pinched his nasal cavity before staring at the photo on his desk.

He calmed down a bit after glancing at the photo that portrayed him, and Killer with their three kids. He glanced at the window that let the orange light in before looking at the open exit to his office.

You see...Crescent was trying to set his Father up with someone new since his Mother died decades ago, and his father seemed lonely without his mother. He didn't smile as much as he did when Killer was alive and he became disinterested in making new acquaintances.

"Son, come here. We need to talk." Nightmare said in a gentle voice and Crescent reveals himself at the entrance. He held the door frame with his hand and stared at his father with fear and disappointment. Nightmare only gave him his calmest expression and explained "Calm down, i know this has been the fourth time this week, and I'm not gonna yell at you for it, I just wanna have a discussion with you.".

Crescent stared at the floor and slowly, he walked towards his father and grabbed a chair before sitting on it across from his father, the dark oak and antique desk being the only thing that was seperating the two. "Forgive me for my persistence, Father..." Crescent muttered and hung his head low.

Nightmare gently grabs the picture frame and held it in his hands, he smiles and asks Crescent in a curious tone "Crescent, what do you think is the definition of life?". Crescent looks up confused and stared at his father. "How is that relevant to the stunt I just pulled?" He asks in confusion and Nightmare chuckles.

"Answer the question first." He says with a smile on his face. Crescent thinks for a while and opened his mouth to answer.

"Well... Life is soul?" Crescent replies, his answer was more of a question than an answer. Nightmare hands Crescent the family photo and he stares at it, looking at his mom smiling so brightly.

He paused for a while, remembering the good and bad times he had with his mother. "What did your mother teach you before he died?" Nightmare asks as tears started falling from his cheeks. Crescent looks up to his dad and replies
"Life is the luck to experience itself, living is experiencing wonderful and cruel things before death, and...death is just a peaceful ending to all of it.". Crescent stopped, he was tearing up now, remembering his mother dusting as he sat on the balcony.

Nightmare stood up and walked around his desk before wiping the tears on Crescent's face. "You can stop crying now, Crescent or your younger brothers are gonna tease you for it." Nightmare says in a calm tone and Crescent wipes the last of his tears with his arm.

Nightmare sits on his desk and Crescent asks "How was what we talked about related to what I just did, dad? You still haven't told me..". Nightmare closes his eyes and said "The thing you claim as special will only stay special if you share it to only a few people, the less the people the more It's value is, in my case...your mother held the most special thing and I will never give anyone what he had".

Crescent looks at his father and finally realizes why he didn't re-marry..

"Mom will always be your partner and the bearer of your children, even in death..." Crescent said and Nightmare smiled at him.

"Love is the most special thing I can offer, so I only offer it to your mom and uncle, and you and your siblings."